The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party begins to pass gruesome posts; simple stakes of wood or metal topped with animal or humanoid skulls and decorated with bones and assortments of colored pebbles. As the party gets closer to the caves they are obviously also getting closer to where the gnolls are more familiar with the terrain. Yet despite this, the party almost seemed to be able to escape and navigate through the obstacle course of hunting parties. Almost.

Sarpot begins to fall behind, weighed down by carrying his companion and the extra exertion from trying to outrun the closing gnolls. The party still makes a heroic dash and another few miles before it becomes obvious that they will have to slow down for Sarpot or leave him and Mellisande behind. The choice was never in doubt. The party stopped on top of a higher slope along a field of sharp rocks, with no cover to protect their flanks or rear. They turned bravely south towards one group of a dozen gnolls, now 120 feet away, while another group of ten gnolls approached from their left, at 140 feet away. Hunting horns could be heard close; sounding in the mists to their right, but far enough that they were still not in view.

The gnolls seemed intent on meeting the party in melee, giving the group a round or two to prepare or attack from range. Mellisande hops off Sarpot's shoulders.

OOC: Initiative please. I will be putting up the link to Voda Vosa's map tomorrow, after I finish editing it. Get ready for a long fight. Unless you have better class abilities to employ, you might want to activate some of those items you found.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin looks around at their setting, not much to work with. "Ok, I think we ought to have Arkos, Mellisande and Leilani us the girdles. I think we have enough they will close with all of us. Sarpot you want the club or will you use your claws? In any case, I think we should form a tight triangle of you me and Arkos around Mellisande and Leilani, keep them out of combat as much as we can and let them sling spells" suggests Nerin

OOC: Can a character use the girdles to cast shield on other people? if so it should be cast on all of us.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot grins and nods. "Can't make a better plan myself, so I'll stick to it. I have these, thanks." and the wicked endrich claws grow from Sarpot's own claws.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos nods his agreement and growls through his sharp lizard-like teeth.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]Standard --
Swift shift to lizard form[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: No one has taken the club of electricity. No one wants it? If not, I'll take it as a last resort type of weapon. But I don't want it if anyone can actually put it to good use!

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Quickly, who here can benefit from a larger shape? I can briefly grant this to a couple of you but we must to this hastily!"

While she waits for a reply, Lealani casts a long spell, at the end of which a celestial dog appears.

OOC: Lealani casts Summon Monster 1.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"Quickly, who here can benefit from a larger shape? I can briefly grant this to a couple of you but we must to this hastily!"

"I could if you have a way to do so." says Nerin "Oh and since Sarpot doesn't need this why don't you take it and knock a few gnolls over the head if they get too close"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases