The Undiscovered Frontier - Page 23





+ Log in or register to post
Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 747
  1. #221
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,924

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    The door to this cache seems to close and lock. The door unlocks in the same manner from the inside as it does the outside, engraved pattern and all. You have a strong feeling that the enemy does not know of this cache and that you are safe here. Arkos expends twelve of the charges from the wand of cure light wounds that Sarpot had practices with in order to raise everyone's hit points up to full. The wand is put back into storage, but has 28 charges left. You enjoy a decent rest, sleep and washing up, and though some of you are better equipped, all of you still wear bloodied and torn clothing from the remnants of the battlefield.

    OOC: If there are no other actions to be taken or equipment to be grabbed, we can move on to your infiltration of the Wailing Caves.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

 

  • #222
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,840

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Whatever, I can stand the first watch, I'm not that tired. Besides many of you need to recharge yer spells and whatnots. I don't need to. Not that the giant boulder won't stop anything, but just in case.-" Sarpot says, sitting on a stool next to the entrance. "Now go to sleep, damn ye." the hobgoblin added with a guttural snort.

    OOC: Deceive item, the warlock ability only gives Sarpot a +4 on use magic skill
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #223
    Queen of Everything COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Queenie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Babylon, New York, United States
    Posts
    1,647
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Queenie
    OOC: Lealani replaces her backpack with a new one and takes a bed roll and a fresh waterskin. She also gets a nicer dagger and takes 2 belts of shield, 4 wands of magic missile, 2 wands of Melf's acid arrow and a stave of fireballs.

    edit: will anyone else be taking the other stave of fireballs?


    "I have been considering leaving some of this behind, in case someone else should be in need of it. However, I fear we are all that remains and we should take all we can. It is obvious, even with the little information we have, that we are the last hope."
    Last edited by Queenie; Friday, 10th February, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
    ~Singer and Seductress Ruby West in the Wild West Adventures:
    Revenge, Renewal, & the Promise of a New Year
    Wizards, Whiskey, & Wonderful Things
    Here There Be Vampires
    and
    Ballots & Bullets

    Wild West PBP Wisdom : "Ruby is a succubus, you are Ruby and ergo you are a succubus ." ~ baradtgnome

  • #224
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,243

    Ignore Fenris
    "We can leave some behind, but might as well take all we think we will need" adds Nerin.
    OOC:
    Nerin takes a breastplate, new backpack and bedroll, 3 waterskins, several days worth of food, 2 healer's kits,4 wands of cure light wounds, 4 sunrods, a mw sword, a mw longbow, a quiver with 20 arrows, 2 mw daggers

  • #225
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,301

    Ignore GlassEye
    OOC: I still need an answer on whether any of the items (particularly the backpack & quarterstaff since those are the only size restricted items Arkos can use) are small.

  • #226
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,924

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    OOC: The items are not small, but normal-sized. However the backpack has several adjustable straps that would allow you to convert it to a small size.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #227
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,301

    Ignore GlassEye
    Arkos takes a pack and cinches down the straps until he thinks that it might work for him. Still he frowns at it not entirely pleased as he fills it with alchemical items and food and water.

    "You'd think, if I were a god, I could make myself bigger so that some of this stuff might be more useful to me."

    Actions/OOC
    Arkos takes: backpack, 2 each of the alchemical items & kits (healer's kit, sunrod, thunderstone, tanglefoot bag, smoke stick), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease (though these can be split up amongst all of us if someone else wants to carry some). He'll fill the remaining space with food and water as long as it doesn't go over his carrying capacity.
    Swift --
    Standard --
    Free --
    Move --
    Mini Stats
    Arkos Stoneborn
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 47 Current: 35
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
    Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
    Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    Attacks
    Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
    Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
    Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
    2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

    Spells Prepared:
    Spell Save: 14 +SL
    3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
    2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
    1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
    orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

  • #228
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,243

    Ignore Fenris
    Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    Arkos takes a pack and cinches down the straps until he thinks that it might work for him. Still he frowns at it not entirely pleased as he fills it with alchemical items and food and water.

    "You'd think, if I were a god, I could make myself bigger so that some of this stuff might be more useful to me."

    "Perhaps we inhabit different forms that we did previously"
    ruminates Nerin thinking specifically of the music box.

  • #229
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,924

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Lealani is able to use the items she grabs without practice, as she seems to have some innate mental proficiency. Same with Nerin and Arkos with the items they collect. After a bit more of rest the party is fully healed heads out of the cache. Nothing seems to have changed, nor does there seem to be any sign of danger. Before the party can step outside a sudden scream is heard from the direction of the Wailing Caves that causes the party to step back inside the safety of the rooms. A blonde-headed, golden-skinned and muscular man standing on top of some flying golden platform shoots out of the mouth of the caves and into the mists in the direction that you had previously travelled. He is followed by three robed women, also standing on their own small flying platforms, though in colors that match their hair and robes of red, blue and green. Shortly after they disappear the noise from their platforms also fade away. It seems as if you were not detected.

    From the base of the Caves you see that the lowest entrance to the caves is the mouth that the man and three women had just come from. It takes you only a few short minutes to reach the opening, and you can see that the other caves seem to all connect further down into a larger cavern. The cavern is about fifteen feet wide and curves slightly upward and to the left.

    OOC: Who is taking the lead? Any other preparations? Please make sure you pick which spells you prepared before you set out on your character sheets.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #230
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,243

    Ignore Fenris
    Nerin turns to his companions "It seems there are even more players than we suspected. But someone screamed and we must find out who." says the tall warrior as he turns and leaps down to enter the cave.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 23 of 75 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 73 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DT's The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 134
      Last Post: Sunday, 10th February, 2013, 04:24 AM
    2. The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd September, 2011, 04:59 AM
    3. New Frontier Campaign
      By steamsorceror in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2011, 09:11 PM
    4. [Map-a-Week] Feb, Frontier Landscape - Anyone used this?
      By Ashrem Bayle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 7th April, 2003, 09:21 PM
    5. [OT] Undiscovered
      By Phanboy in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 09:09 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •