The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos pokes around the general area.

"These caves may be constructed. They don't quite seem natural to me."

He frowns in concentration as he looks around.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Swift --
Standard --
Free --
Move --
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande appears distracted by the ickiness of the corpse, but is too morbidly fascinated by it to really get a good look around.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The sharp eyes of the party easily detects several drops of fresh blood leading further up the caves. Whatever killed the gnoll chief did so quite recently and is probably only a few minutes ahead of you. There are several traces of gray fur that can be found amongst the blood. Lealani's sharp senses cause her to sense the heavy smell of multiple canines.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin looks down at the gnoll and shakes his head. Standing back up he draws his sword. "Onward friends I am still not sure who the fliers were but there is evil ahead of us." says Nerin as he takes off int he direction of the blood.

OOC: Nerin begins to Detect Evil as he goes

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nerin charges through the tunnels in pursuit of the killer or killers. He is followed by the rest of the party. After a couple of minutes of running slightly up and slightly to the left, the party finds itself on the other side of the Wailing Caves. The exit is one simple but large opening leading to a stone outcropping. Slightly to your left is a sloping trail which ends ten feet below to the start of a lush, tropical forest. The sky is cleaner here, though perpetually covered in a covering of white flowing clouds. A few miles in the distance can be seen a huge, twisted tree which rises an unbelievable height into the cloud bank. Underneath the tree, inside a circular opening in the foliage can be seen a strange and foreign-looking ziggurat which fills you with a sense of foreboding. It is much like a pyramid, but with addition square-like structures in the front entrance and a small, flat top.

Your thoughts are pulled away from the structures, however, as you notice ten wolf-like humanoids growling below you. It seems as if you caught them as they were beginning to climb onto the limbs of the branches with the intent to go deeper into the jungle. The largest and grayest of them holds a hand up to stop his younger followers from rushing forward. He is able to control their bloodlust, though just barely.

"Hold! Unlike the youth here, I have no wish to throw their and my own life away trying to take on gods. That was the mistake of Yeenkak, who lost his entire tribe of gnoll warriors to you, but it will not be mine. And I have tangled with one of you before and got the worst of the deal," the werewolf points at a gash in his face where once there was a right eye. He then points at Sarpot. "Of course you remember this, Marshall Potter, who others called Mars, God of Battle. It was you who took this eye so long ago. I like you in this new form, though I'd remember that swagger and face anywhere. Since you have us at such a disadvantage with your powers, would you do us the service of meeting us down here to parlay?"

OOC: Arkos needs to please make an intelligence check.

Nerin
[sblock]
Nine of the ten wolfmen register as evil. The large gray speaking strangely does not.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot grins at the idea of having caused such a big injury in the past, even if he remembers naught of it. Marshal Potter was a rather pompous name he thought, and imagined a fat human with full armor and a big classy moustache coming out of his helm. Chuckling at the idea, Sarpot intercedes.
"It is very kind of ye not letting ye boys get on a fight they can't win. Now, why would we surrender the high ground, a tactical advantage, to parley? We can clearly speak and be heard from this distance. Expose yer case now Wolf man."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos studies this wolf-man as he listens. There is something... But he can't pin it and shakes off the feeling.

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Swift --
Standard --
Free --
Move --
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin itches to run down and engage the werewolves, but the leader, and especially his recognition of Sarpot holds him in check. Nerin glances at Sarpot, or Marshall or Mars or whomever. This werewolf intrigued him, something was....odd with him. History, memory, Nerin wasn't sure.

"What would there be to parlay about Lupus?" asks Nerin.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, you can't blame a warrior for trying to even the odds up. As for why we should parlay, it should be obvious. You came from the caves and obviously want passage into the Last Forest. We have been tasked with hunting down intruders. As you can see, our purposes are up against the other. Now, I'd be willing to allow you to go back the way you came. In exchange, I'll pretend I never saw you."

Remove ads