The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot shakes his head with a grin. "That won't do. But I can offer you the reciprocal; you can let us follow our path, and we'll pretend we never crossed roads. Is that, or loosing the eye you got left; not to speak about the lives of yer cubs and yer own. I won't be merciful this time; you see this new me is more of a reckless killer." to emphasizes his point, Sarpot's claws grow with eerie red energy.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, I would be most willing to look the other way, but my younger companions have been bred to be overly loyal to our masters. And their aim was nothing less than the complete elimination of the human race you gods sought to protect," he says this to Sarpot despite him being a hobgoblin. "Perhaps you can at least answer a question. How is it that you survive? I had heard that even the human gods had perished."

OOC: Everyone, please attempt a DC 16 Sense Motive check.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos furrows his brow at the information the wolf-man imparts...

[sblock=Actions/OOC]
Swift --
Standard --
Free --
Move --
[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: Spear
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Shayuri

First Post
"Is THAT what you heard? HAH!"

The voice, for all its confidence, bravado, and volume, came from a small, unassuming sort of person. Mellisande popped out from the legs of the others and pointed imperiously at the wolf-kind below.

"The rumors of OUR deaths are greatly exaggerated!" she declaims. "That is not dead which can eternal lie! Spare us your feeble attempts at parley! I know your kind! If you thought you could stand against us, you would have already attacked! Instead, you pray to whatever withered, black husk of a god that would own a soul like yours that we will agree to 'terms' and 'negotiations!' Well I say HAH! Hah! And DOUBLE HAH HAH!"

"Do not look the other way, dog-men. RUN the other way. Do this, and perhaps only the weak and LAME among your pack will fall before us!"

She gestured and spoke strange words...and suddenly Mellisande was bedecked in gleaming golden armor of overlapping plates graven in mystic runes that glowed and hummed. In her hand was a wicked sword of implausibly barbed black steel etched with runes that flickered with uneasy red light. HUNGRY light. It moaned with voices like lost souls in eerie harmonic discord as she pointed the dread thing at the gnolls.

"The old one will stay here. The rest of you SCATTER LIKE LEAVES, OR BE CRUSHED LIKE ANTS!"

(roffle! Disguise Self for the swank outfit and...um...Intimidation. *looks at rolls and guffaws* Aw man.)

After a shocked moment of silence and resounding not-running away, Mellisande scowls and mutters, "That worked a lot better in my head."

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani stood silent, ready for a fight should one break out. The old one was at least attempting to not be slaughtered and she could respect that. Still, she was reflecting on his words, calling Sarpot a God of War had moved her somehow. Was all of this really not a dream?

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin draws his sword and slowly walks down the incline. "You may parlay for mercy, you may parlay for your retreat, but you may not parlay to prevent our passage. I am ill disposed to listen to anything you say werewolf. However I cannot and will not listen to anything while your companions stand beside you. Send them away and we can talk."

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"As my little comrade here says, it is obvious we are pretty much alive, and on the move. If your cubs want blood, let them come to met their untimely end at our hands, I'll be delighted to taste their corrupt blood. Perhaps after we kill the you'll be willing to speak, yes?" Sarpot grins.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Make the young ones go away and leave myself to your mercies? No. No, I don't think so. I've already lost one eye to your kind's mercies and am quite attached to the other. As for being corrupted, that depends on your point of view, I suppose. It were you gods that used the spirit of Gaia to bring our people life, but you had to impart a piece of yourselves into us to do so. So we are partly in the image of a wolf, but mostly created in the image of the gods. But you brought us into being in order to fight the Masters. But the Masters were too powerful and your humans too weak to fight them. So you created us in ever greater numbers to fight your war, as you well know. But then you began to fear our numbers and fear the strength of the Masters. You feared that the land would be swept of humans and replaced by either the Masters or your sturdier creations. So you began to consider destroying the land so the threat would not spread to other lands and other humans. Did you not think some of us would rebel? In order to save your precious humans you would doom those of us who fought and bled for you. Is it so strange that we would allow the Masters to use their own powers to change us a bit in their own image? Is it so strange that so many of your creations would turn? The flind-become-gnolls, yuan-ti and even the first of your creations, the ever so flawed golems?" The one-eyed wolfman gasps as Mellisande transforms.

OOC: Although Mellisande's transformation is not enough to shaken them up, the creatures in front of you still gasp in awe.

Lealani, Mellisande and Arkos pass their Sense Motive check:
[sblock]
You sense that the one-eyed wolfman truly wants your answer on these things. He seems to ask in a mixture of guilt and anger. However, what he really seems to be doing is delaying you. It is obvious that his men want to engage you and that your side is also eager to be done with the conflict. However, he appears to be holding both sides back in attempt to wait for something more advantagious.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It's not strange, nor illogical, but betrayal is betrayal, and now your offspring will pay, and then I'll take that eye out of your skull, as I should have done in my previous life. Die!" Sarpot outstretches his arm and a ray of red energy cuts the distance between himself and the wolfmen in tactical disadvantage. The energy charged with fury is deadly aimed to the face of one of the lesser creatures.

Eldrich Blast: 20 vs Ref, for 8 dmg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases