The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Shush!" says Sarpot from behind, as he steps forward and grabs the woman from the wrist, and pulls her up, not gently. Not at all. "Sarpot is the name. Welcome to our own piece of nightmareland."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Lealani" the tall curvy woman responds as she stands. "I was just having the nicest dream..." she said, squinting to look around as her eyes adjust. Her skin seems to have a light shimmer, though the sun does not shine on it and her hair blows around her face as if the slightest breeze was kissing her. Her eyes seem to be searching for something...

She snaps suddenly out of her little reverie. "Sarpot," she nods to the large man, "Mellisande," she smiles warmly at the woman. "I thank you for your help. Though what I... we are doing here in the first place is the question."

She strides to the door and peers out, finding two more men outside searching the devastation. "Friends of ours?" she asks the two with her as she takes in the wreckage. This seemed to be the place of her dream but was very, very different. A small tear came to her eye, all the death and destruction was too much for her.

"Does anyone know what has happened?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The features of the creature do not cause any more memories to spark in anyone's mind, although what remains of the face makes it clear that the snake-like creature has large, oval and black eyes behind the glasses. Its skin is yellow and covered with a thin mucous, though if natural or caused by the melting of its skin from explosive heat is unknown.

As the group continues to wake up, scrounge and search their surroundings a screeching groan can be heard from deep within the earth. The ground shudders slightly and the wind picks up for half a minute before settling down to normality. You remember an accented voice whispering to you while you slept, "Ya, I know it is zu early, but ye must stop sleeping! Vake now! Ve cannot hold them much longer. The Enemy has found us and if ye do not flee it will be your end! The Vaerdun is ye home and it is dying."

GlassEye

Adventurer
When the tremor shakes the ground and a warning memory bursts into his consciousness with alarming suddenness Arkos, for a moment, stands stark still. With a flurry of motion he grabs up his meager items and also a couple of the other things lying around.

"We cannot stay here. I don't know where we should go; just so long as it is away from here. Grab those items, those girdles and such and let's move. It would likely be safest if we travel together until we figure out what is going on; I've had a memory resurface that I would share with you. But not here; not until we get away from, from... whatever is coming."

Arkos once again exits the cave and once on the hot sand shades his eyes to look around for sign of which direction they should head. Once he's gotten an idea he turns back to motion the others on.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin stands for a moment in whispered prayer, he then gathers up he few items he has salvaged and picks up the remaining figure in the cave. Hoisting the cat-like person onto his shoulder he says "We should take this one until he wakes or we know he will not." Walking out into the hot sun, he seems to take no notice of the heat, the burning sand, or the blistering sun.

[sblock=OOC]
Cast Endure Elements
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande looks around nervously at the strange disturbance, and is quick to follow the others as fast as her short legs can go. "I'm with you! Just don't go so fast!"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Yes, yes you are correct, we need to move quickly. Has anyone gathered any water that we'll be able to drink?" Lealani moves quickly to gather some makeshift clothes.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Yes, yes you are correct, we need to move quickly. Has anyone gathered any water that we'll be able to drink?" Lealani moves quickly to gather some makeshift clothes.

"No, but if we can find some vessels to hold water we can take the water from the lake. I can make it drinkable for us. But we must move quickly, Sarpot why don't you and I search for waterskins and fill them while the others move ahead. We should be able to catch up quickly enough" suggests Nerin.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye, I'm not liking to stay longer here." replies Sarpot, as he jumps back into the sand covered battlefield. His search quickly produces several containers. The hobgoblin moves to the edge of the water, snifs it with his oversized snout and starts filling the waterskin. "Ye better drink first mate, I'm not drinking from this until I know it's safe."

aw-bkruss.JPG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases