The Undiscovered Frontier - Page 5





+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 747
  1. #41
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,984
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Mellisande
    Spoiler:

    When you get closer to the buildings you activate your invisibility and move quickly through the area as you scout around. The buildings and their interiors are demolished, with the roofs caved in, walls toppled, and the property inside scattered and smashed. Whoever did this went out of their way to vandalize and destroy, as if attempting to erase all traces of civilization. Small garden plots pocket the area around the buildings and near the trees, however they also show signs of being pulled up and out, with weeds dominating the rows of former crops. There are small, shatttered knick knacks in the buildings and nearby sheds and from their appearance these buildings used to be human or demi-human as many of the broken tools, burnt and shredded papers, and other such items are familiar to you.

    One building seems different, however, with debris carefully removed from the floor. As you take a closer look, you see that this cleared off floor has a trapdoor.

    Your invisibility spell is about to run out. Do you wish to explore further or return to your companions?
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "You are dumb as a mule. Diving in this sulphuric waters? Have you lost your mind? Shut up and move, and prove yourself useful, if you can purify that water, do it as soon as we reach dryland." barks the hobgoblin.

    He waits arms crossed for the gnome to return. "If she isn't back in two more minutes, we are going after her. Who knows in what troubles she might have gotten herself into."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #43
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,276
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Fenris
    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    "You are dumb as a mule. Diving in this sulphuric waters? Have you lost your mind? Shut up and move, and prove yourself useful, if you can purify that water, do it as soon as we reach dryland." barks the hobgoblin.

    He waits arms crossed for the gnome to return. "If she isn't back in two more minutes, we are going after her. Who knows in what troubles she might have gotten herself into."
    "Some of us would have no problem in those waters since we are not as weak as you. And if you do not find a civil tongue soon Sarpot, you may not have one at all." retorts Nerin.

  • #44
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    The hobgoblin snorts. "Weak? I would show you the meaning of weak by pulling out your intestines through your mouth! But I need you alive to purify the water. Count yourself lucky pretty boy." the muscular warlock snarls, and goes back to his posture.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #45
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,528
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Mellisande briefly considers recasting her spell, but then decides she doesn't really want to go down there by herself anyway...so she scurries back off into the unhealthy scrub brush, back to meet the others where she left them.

    (Assuming nothing happens, just to save time)

    "Hey!" the gnome exclaims on bursting out of the bushes near the party. "The houses are all wrecked, but one of them had a trap door. If it had stuff in the cellar, some of it might still be okay!"

  • #46
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,415
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Arkos nods slowly and thoughtfully.

    "We can't pass up the chance for supplies but we should make this quick. Something is coming and I don't like the looks of that rising water. The farther from here we can make it the better I'll feel about it."

    He scowls over at Sarpot; the hobgoblin is clearly a bully who'll need watching. But now is not the time to make an issue of his behavior and Arkos will make his way through the destroyed buildings keeping a keen eye out for threats and examining things as he goes.



    Mini Stats
    Arkos Stoneborn
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 47 Current: 47
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
    Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
    Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

    Current Weapon in Hand: spear
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    Attacks
    Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
    Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
    Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)

    Spells Prepared:
    Spell Save: 14 +SL
    3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
    2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
    1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
    orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink
    [/QUOTE]

  • #47
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,984
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    After some more travelling, the rest of the party witnesses what their scout had just witnessed.

    The buildings and their interiors are demolished, with the roofs caved in, walls toppled, and the property inside scattered and smashed. Whoever did this went out of their way to vandalize and destroy, as if attempting to erase all traces of civilization. Small garden plots pocket the area around the buildings and near the trees, however they also show signs of being pulled up and out, with weeds dominating the rows of former crops. There are small, shatttered knick knacks in the buildings and nearby sheds and from their appearance these buildings used to be human or demi-human as many of the broken tools, burnt and shredded papers, and other such items are familiar to you.

    One building seems different, however, with debris carefully removed from the floor. As you take a closer look, you see that this cleared off floor has a trapdoor.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #48
    Queen of Everything COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Queenie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    N Babylon, New York, USA
    Posts
    1,738
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Queenie
    "Boys!" Lealani admonishes the two bickering warriors. "We need to work together right now and for the foreseeable future. So keep your playing for later. Let's go take a look at what's behind the trapdoor. Arkos is right, we should be swift and not linger. Should we check to see if it's trapped? Do any of us know how to do that?"
    ~Singer and Seductress Ruby West in the Wild West Adventures:
    Revenge, Renewal, & the Promise of a New Year
    Wizards, Whiskey, & Wonderful Things
    Here There Be Vampires
    and
    Ballots & Bullets

    Wild West PBP Wisdom : "Ruby is a succubus, you are Ruby and ergo you are a succubus ." ~ baradtgnome

  • #49
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,415
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    Despite his urgings to his companions to hurry Arkos wonders if the destroyers, whoever they might be, missed something in the wanton destruction of the garden plots. He falls behind a little and begins scanning the ground for signs of something edible that might have survived unfound.

    "This was a garden. Maybe something was missed..."

    He roots around in the dirt digging his hands deep into the soil with an ease of movement that seems almost unnatural. He gives a brief shake of his head 'no' in response to Lealani's question.



    Mini Stats
    Arkos Stoneborn
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 47 Current: 47
    Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
    Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
    Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
    Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

    Current Weapon in Hand: spear
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    Attacks
    Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
    Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
    Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
    Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)

    Spells Prepared:
    Spell Save: 14 +SL
    3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
    2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
    1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
    orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

  • #50
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,905
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "If no one knows how to check for traps, I'll blow the trapdoor from a safe distance, and we'll be done with it." Sarpot says, a she spits sideways, and rubs his hands in anticipation.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DT's The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 134
      Last Post: Sunday, 10th February, 2013, 04:24 AM
    2. The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd September, 2011, 04:59 AM
    3. New Frontier Campaign
      By steamsorceror in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2011, 09:11 PM
    4. [Map-a-Week] Feb, Frontier Landscape - Anyone used this?
      By Ashrem Bayle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 7th April, 2003, 09:21 PM
    5. [OT] Undiscovered
      By Phanboy in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 09:09 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •