The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
"Mmmhmm," she mmhmms, "Now lets try something with some teeth."

This time she casts a spell onto the dagger itself...an Invisibility spell. She figures a more enduring magic will feed it for more than a few seconds...and the fact that the magic emanates from the blade itself will further test her hypothesis.

She watches closely, ready to turn her formidable store of arcane knowledge to the task of interpreting the results of the test.

(OOC - Die roll incoming. :))

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ye wanna test REAL power on it? Ye got a bottomless barrel of arcane energy just standing behind ye sweetheart." Sarpot informs, turinging one of his hands into a red fire of untamed arcane energy.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After Mellisande's experiment it becomes apparent to Sarpot's engineering mind that the fungus has bonded to the metal. It also becomes obvious to all that the fungus has doubled in size, feeding off of the energy.

If Arkos rolls a DC 20 Knowledge Nature check.
[sblock]
The fungus had a delay in its growth as Mellisande experimented, and you notice a slight deviation dependent on the type of arcane magic she employed. You would say that the fungus took a moment to read the energy and the material it lay upon before continuing its bonding and growth process.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande nods absently at Sarpot and comments, "Then it's probably not a good idea for you to touch any of this stuff..."

She nudges the dagger with her toe. "What's brown and nasty and feeds on magic?"

The question seems to be rhetorical though because she follows the question up by clapping her tiny hands together and taking a step back.

"Okay, one more time. This time with feeling!"

The song she sings is pretty and melodic, and just as it seems like it's going to hit a perfect crescendo, it ends, leaving an almost tangible sense of emptiness in its wake. That emptiness takes the form of an invisible 'something' like a heat ripple in the air that skates to the fungus-encrusted dagger and soundlessly implodes on it!

(OOC - Casting 'Dispel Magic' on the fungus.)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mellisande's spell has much of the same effect of the last short duration cantrip. The fungus brightens and feeds on the energy of her spell, causing it to grow further along the blade.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well nugfuzzles," Mellisande grumps. "And I was so sure that'd work, and we could clean all this up with a few spells and then we'd have all the golems and we could go win and everything would be just fine."

She sighs and fluffs her unruly hair. "Well fine. I guess we'll just have to work a little then."

"We can't turn this stuff back on until the fungus is gone, and we can't use magic to get rid of the fungus. I'm thinking torches, and scrapey things. Though...him, wonder if it washes off... I guess it can't be TOO easy, or someone woulda done it before they closed this place down."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Why do we need to get rid of the fungus?" still looking curiously at the whole structure. "It looks like it's part of the whole scheme."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What? Ye ain't getting the picture are ye pretty? Its like the big fungy man said, the golems could be corrupted by something, something evil. I say its pretty obvious that this mould is that corruption. Ain't need no genius to figure that one out, lemme tell ya." Sarpot explains, his face flashing with the red light of the blast of arcane energy he's imparting to the object of the discussion.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases