The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Once Sarpot is finished, the lot of you notice that the fungus does not grow past the metal of the blade. Sarpot's blasts have made it quite unusable as a weapon, though the fungus itself does not seem to damage the weapon past the bonding process.

Shayuri

First Post
"...like I said," Mellisande says, unruffled as the echoes from the blasts die down, "We can't use magic to remove it. And I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be there. It eats the magic that powers the golems, and is physically all grown into their joints and things. None of that sounds like it's good for them, even if it doesn't damage the metal."

She leans down a little to scruntinize the ruined dagger. "Neat that it only grows on metal though. Might be handy...explains why this entire room isn't swimming in the stuff, I guess."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"This fungus is grown all through the golems and machinery."

He shakes his head. He almost can figure something out about it...

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Apologies, Lea isn't as daft as I am ;)

"That's right, I forgot Myconid told us about this. It's all a bit overwhelming. Why is it all here in the first place? But yes, getting the mold off is the current issue at hand. We can't use magic and we can't scrape it off, we can't use fire, at least we've only tried arcane fire. Maybe normal fire would work. That's all we've come up with so far, yes?"

Lealani looks to see if the trail of fungus looks like it's coming from any certain specific source or it just starts or stops in one spot.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin had been quiet, taking all this in. "Ok, so we have some kind of fungus that grows when exposed to magic. We don't know that it is not a part of this whole system. BUT let's see if the thing is actually evil. It may be being used to corrupt it but may not be evil in and of itself."

OOC: Detect Evil, well why not, the whole room.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It could be a weapon whether or not it's actually evil," Mellisande says. "And if anyone has a torch or something, fire's a good thing to try, but it's gonna be hard to get it into the little...cricks and cracks and nitty gritty..."

"I wonder."

She pulls her waterskin from its place at her side and tips some water over onto the fungus.

"Lealani, you can make little magical lights too, right? Get one close to it, but not touching it. Lets see how far they can feed from...and if they like light."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Actually, I can't make little lights like you can," Lealani smiles, "You're the only one with that particular talent. I can only cast normal light. I will cast that on something and we can try that."

Lealani pulls her dagger our of it's sheath and utters the arcane words, the tip lighting up brightly. She holds it a foot away from some of the fungus and waits to see if there is any reaction.

Remove ads