The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I was kinda hoping a couple of my co-players would pop in and give me an aid another (or three, since there are three characters with good wisdoms) before given the 'results'. Oh, well.[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[sblock=OOC]I was kinda hoping a couple of my co-players would pop in and give me an aid another (or three, since there are three characters with good wisdoms) before given the 'results'. Oh, well.[/sblock]

OOC: Sorry, I checked, I don't have any ranks in Survival :blush:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Nobody does but Arkos. As far as I know, that doesn't prevent them from making an 'aid another' action since Survival isn't a trained only skill. The DC to aid is only 10.[/sblock]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
[sblock=OOC]Nobody does but Arkos. As far as I know, that doesn't prevent them from making an 'aid another' action since Survival isn't a trained only skill. The DC to aid is only 10.[/sblock]

OOC: I am quite supportive of each of the other PCs giving Arkos aid through DC 10 Survival skill checks.

OOC: Apologies from me! I did actually read the post and didn't realize I could help without having the skill. I'm not familiar with all the rules :blush: Just in case DT is still willing to take the roll, I'll help now. Better late than never? :angel:

That would be a wisdom check I think you said? So I just roll and add my wisdom bonus?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Arkos believes he has the concoction figured out, but instead it burns a hole in the empty container used for the mixture and scatters along the floor, causing everyone to cover their mouths with their sleeves and scatter. It is decided that Arkos should not try that again.

Lealani waves her hand, clearing the air with a cough. "I do think you were on to something there. Maybe if we start with some of the ingredients in the barrel and mix them in a different order and more slowly, it won't have a chance to react like that. Let me help you try again."

OCC: Of course feel free to disregard this if it's too late DT but I posted it now to move the game along if you will still accept it. If not, obviously we'll just figure out another way ;)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Can I try an untrained Craft Alchemy check? My modifier's actually pretty good thanks to being a gnome :))

"Here, wait, lets get some metal scrap together so we can test each mixture," Mellisande suggests.

She scurries off into the cavernous building, grabbing every piece of metal that's not nailed down...and even works a few loose pieces of armor off the slumbering golems to bring back.

(rolling Aid Another on survival, but also the alchemy check, just in case Deuce decides it's possible)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mellisande and Lealani decide to aid Arkos and give the attempt one more go. Lealani realizes that the fungus is semi-intelligent, as it acts on preset commands in a similar way that the golems do. In fact, in many ways it is a biological golem, overwriting original commands. Mellisande realizes that the fungus can be confused to remain stagnant if it doesn't understand that it is connected to a part of a machine or golem it can overwrite. With their help, Arkos is able to design a chemical he believes will keep the fungus dormant. Overtime the fungus should shrivel and die from lack of nourishment. He also believes that applying the solution to golems will prevent their further corruption, and if used on the machine, Lealani or Mellisande should be able to use it to clean out the remaining corruption.

Shayuri

First Post
"Hurrah!" enthuses Mellisande. She actually jumps up and down a few times and gives Arkos an impulsive hug around his midsection. Instantly though she shifts gears and scampers to the console.

"Now put that stuff on this, so we can use it safely and..."

She pauses and blinks as she studies the mechanism.

"Yeesh! This is complicated! I have no IDEA what I'm doing!"

With a laugh, she stabs her finger at a button, seemingly at random.

(OOC - Hee...needed 18 or better for that. Should be entertaining at least. :))

Remove ads