The Undiscovered Frontier - Page 6




+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 747
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,156

    Ignore Fenris
    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    "If no one knows how to check for traps, I'll blow the trapdoor from a safe distance, and we'll be done with it." Sarpot says, a she spits sideways, and rubs his hands in anticipation.
    "Well it might damage anything in there, but it seems our safest option. proceed Sarpot" says Nerin.

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,746

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sarpot keeps rubing his hands, but as he does so, energy gathers in them, with a wicked red glow. "Gramnak Urrgrakun!!" grunts the hobgoblin as he outstretches his claws towards the trapdoor. Surprisingly the energy didn't shoot in a destructive ray of harmful energy. Instead, the trapdoor glowed in red, before exploding in pieces. What Sarpot said was not random grunting, it was words in dark speech.
    The warlock grins and approaches the hole left behind, kicking splinters as he goes.

    OOC: Using Baleful Utterance on the trapdoor. It works as a shatter spell.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #53
    Queen of Everything COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Queenie's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    North Babylon, New York, United States
    Posts
    1,492
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Queenie
    "Subtle, aren't we?" Lealani grins at Sarpot. "I suppose now all we need is some light."

    She picks up a small rock and speaks, her words sounding much like a melodic song.

    OOC: Lealani is casting Light.
    ~Singer and Seductress Ruby West in the Wild West Adventures:
    Revenge, Renewal, & the Promise of a New Year
    Wizards, Whiskey, & Wonderful Things
    Here There Be Vampires
    and
    Ballots & Bullets

    Wild West PBP Wisdom : "Ruby is a succubus, you are Ruby and ergo you are a succubus ." ~ baradtgnome

  • #54
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,015
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Mellisande hears the noise of the trapdoor shattering and gives Sarpot a look.

    "I was going to see if it had any boobytraps on it as soon as I got back. Oh well. I guess we don't want to hide there with the water so close anyway."

    She goes over to the hole and quickly peeks inside...then flinches back...then looks inside again, only a bit longer.

  • #55
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,809

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    To Arkos' pleasant surprise he is able to locate and uproot six small potatoes. These fresh vegetables will either make for a decent meal for one, or a light snack to be shared by the party. He turns to show off his newfound prize, but is interrupted by the loud cracking sound of the exploding trapdoor. The sound pierces the ear and is carried by the mists.

    The party looks down the trapdoor into what Lealani's light shows to be a small room. Such a room was most likely used once for storage and as an emergency hiding place. Now it appears to be a rubbish pit, as several bones and bits of trash are piled up near the bottom of a ladder. The ladder stretches from the trapdoor entrance to the floor eight feet below. The air below is foul smelling of both sweat and decay. You can hear the labored, raspy breath of someone or something in a corner of the underground room not visible from where you stand.

    OOC: Where are people storing the containers with the foul-smelling water?
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Friday, 30th September, 2011 at 12:48 PM.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #56
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,746

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Do ye hear that?..." Sarpot asks, as he inflates his lungs to scream. "Who's there!! Come to the light so we can see ye! Otherwise we'll think ye are hostile and deal with ye as we did with the trapdoor!"
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #57
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,809

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    You hear the rattling of chains followed by a spasm of coughing and a harsh, but weakly straining voice. "Mayhaps I am going mad, <cough> ... but now I believe I am hearing a wonderful sound. <cough><cough> Not snarls nor the gutteral barks of uneducated gnolls, but indeed the lingua common, ... pure and clear from human or near human throats. Well, I would most certainly wish to obey <cough> your command, my gracious lord, but unfortunately I'm in no <cough><caff><cough> condition to do so. Does your presence, by chance, mean that we have won the battle?" His last words are further stressed and are followed by more coughing and wheezing.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #58
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Fenris's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    5,156

    Ignore Fenris
    Nerin takes his water skin and whispers to it then opens it and smells before a slight taste. He then lightly leaps down the shaft.
    OOC:
    Jump check to jump down.
    1d20+6=21


    "Indeed my friend the battle is over. I would not say that we have won, but the enemy is defeated."

    Assuming that the water is now Ok he will add "Please come and have some water."


    OOC: Cast Purify Food and Water and the skin.

  • #59
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,015
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    "Don't listen to him," Mellisande called down. "We totally won. There's just bodies up here. Weird, lizardy bodies."

  • #60
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,746

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Hm..." Sarpot goes down by the stairs, hoping to see a chained prisoner. If that's the case, he will, without warning, cast Baleful utterance on the chains, pronouncing the dark and awful dark speech.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 56 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DT's The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 134
      Last Post: Sunday, 10th February, 2013, 04:24 AM
    2. The Undiscovered Frontier
      By Deuce Traveler in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd September, 2011, 04:59 AM
    3. New Frontier Campaign
      By steamsorceror in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th March, 2011, 09:11 PM
    4. [Map-a-Week] Feb, Frontier Landscape - Anyone used this?
      By Ashrem Bayle in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 7th April, 2003, 09:21 PM
    5. [OT] Undiscovered
      By Phanboy in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th January, 2002, 09:09 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •