The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos frowns a bit at the weakened Flind.

"Perhaps you should have a bit of water and some food before we set out."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand: spear
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
It's Mellisande who perceives the trouble first, though the others are not far behind. A hunting party of gnolls can barely be seen in the mists and they are circling around you. If the cliff caves are north, and the direction of the battlefield and cave your party came from is south, then these warriors would be moving one hundred feet from your northwest to southwest. Most carry spears and it is obvious they are trying to form a semi-circle in which to attempt an approach against you.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot snarls. "It's time for action ladies and gentlemen, we are being surrounded by gnolls, and I'm beginning to enjoy the adrenaline rush! Rahaha!" says excitedly the hobgoblin, extending his claws. Suddenly, from them surges a sickly red energy, and they grow larger and wicked. "Let's hide, and ambush the ambushers!" Sarpot runs and hides among the derbies of the house.

GlassEye

Adventurer
When it comes to his attention Arkos peers out into the mists trying to get a look at their ambushers.

"It looks like a welcoming party has arrived. I think I agree with Sarpot; we should prepare for company."

He drops the potatoes at his feet and begins casting a spell (Barkskin) on himself.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)

Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)

Spells Prepared:
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sarpot is out in the open with the rest of the party, but the ruins of the building is only a few steps away, so he can move into there when he attempts stealth.

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande looks comically like a ground squirrel or something as she scents danger and suddenly straightens up and looks around, scanning the fog banks. With a squeak of dismay she scurries into some bushes, and through the rustling, some spellcasting can be heard.

(She attempts to hide, and casts Mage Armor)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sarpot takes a few steps back and conceals himself in the building, while Mellisande goes fifteen feet into some brush. Two of the party members are now concealed when someone in the hunting party of gnolls barks an order and the semi-circle wheels towards the rest of the group. All spells are successfully cast without incident.

Tak goes into the debris and comes out with a piece of sheered and point metal. Gripping it in his right hand he smiles grimly and says, "I thought <cough> that I'd be meeting the end by captive and rotting in the dark of a cellar. <caff> But this... this does me well in comparison. I am ready to die this way."

The gnolls are now fifty feet away and charging fast. There are twelve of them carrying crude spears and clubs. These weapons look to be made with sticks and rocks tied together with twine. Their armor is also crude, being mismatched and badly stitched together patches of hide and leather. Their eyes shine with ill humor while their tongues loll from their mouths with stupid excitement from their lustful desire to maim and murder you. While your flind companion is noble and intelligent, you can see where something went wrong with these gnoll offspring. They bear the curse of these new gods; a tragic inverse of noble, intelligent life twisted into a perversion of unthinking, feral cruelty.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos stands next to Tak and laughs.

"Twelve looks to be just the right number for a little exercise. Today is no day to die."

Judging that he has just enough time before the gnolls arrive he casts a second spell on himself then, in the blink of an eye, he transforms into a large lizard with a pebbled hide. Arkos' strangely humanoid eyes gaze out from the beast's head and tentacles sprout from its shoulders. When the gnolls close to attack (presuming they do) the tentacles viciously lash out.

[sblock=Actions]Standard cast Evard's Menacing Tentacles
Swift Shapeshift to predator form
Free AoO w/ both tentacles (tentacles have 10 ft. reach)[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [18 AC w/ Barkskin]

Current Conditions in Effect: Barkskin (+2 na)

Attacks
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Grrr... my last 13, 13! combat rolls I've only had three rolls over 5. And those three were barely over 5.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The gnolls pull up from their run and contend with Arkos' attack, nimbly dodging away. They break up, three gnolls each attacking Arkos, Tak, Nerin and Lealani. At the same time they seem unaware of Sarpot and Mellisande.

OOC: I'm going to roll once for the initiative of all the gnolls. They are all attacking in melee. I need each player to declare actions, roll for init, and make any necessary combat rolls. These gnolls lack shields and have an AC of 13. Arkos, you get an AoO on each of the three gnolls trying to move past your tentacles to strike at you.

Remove ads