[PR] EN World Print Magazine to be Published by Goodman Games

Airwolf

First Post
congrats.gif

I will be signing up for a subscription when I get home today.

Good work!

FungiMuncher

First Post
Hey, I just subscribed!

Things I'd like to see:

I'll second the vote on stuff on languages. I've done this a bit based on the past Dragon aritcles; adds some nice touches to the game. I'll mention names, too. I really have a tough time thinking up cool dragon names, as just one example.

One thing that would be cool is some discussion on the alternate rules already published. Not a review of the material, but more in depth. For example, an article from a DM who has used Chaos Magic from Mongoose. What worked, what didn't, suggestions for changes, that sort of thing. Players' experiences from alternate classes or such could also fit in this, as would discussions of alternative feats, monsters, spells, items, etc.

Campaign Component style articles would be good, too.

This is great news!

FM

Azure Trance

First Post
I'll subscribe myself as soon as I can confirm my PayPal account (they think it's a fake credit card or some other nonsense, bah). $5.00 for 64 pages, all useful, from people I know, is a sweet deal.

sotterraneo

First Post
goodmangames said:

Alternatively, we'll have a budget subscription rate available for $20/4 issues. This includes first class mail but no Eric. ;)

Full details on how to subscribe will follow soon...

A couple of questions: first, I'd be very interested in subscribing directly from Goodman Games. I could subscribe via the store (my store 8-]) so I'd would efinitely pay less, but I'd like to offer full support for the project and so giving directly the money to you. But is there a way you can handle European subscriptions from the UK (Morrus' Kingdom 8-]) so making things speedier and not from the US? US fulfillment would mean (I have lot of experience) 1) Estimated delivery time of 1-2 months 2) Very high subscription rates for air mail. Second, how could I contribute?

Azure Trance said:
I'll subscribe myself as soon as I can confirm my PayPal account (they think it's a fake credit card or some other nonsense, bah). $5.00 for 64 pages, all useful, from people I know, is a sweet deal.

When I read quotes like this, the greedy side of me shouts that we really should be charging for Asgard magazine. If we sold it for a nickel apiece, we'd be rich. And then I could buy that orange castle I've always wanted.

EarthsShadow

First Post
This is one of the coolest ideas I have seen yet on these boards, thanks for producing this magazine, and I say that before it comes out. I will be subscribing sooooooooooooooooon (when I get paid again).

Things to see: GM Advice! There are two really great threads going right now on GM advice, and there really isn't enough of it because everybody who GM's can add something to it, a variation on something and there is never enough advice.

Points of Interest. Cool.

NPC's, with backgrounds and goals.

Organizations, history of said organization, how they interact with their surroundings, possible PrC info for the organization, or how to alter core classes to fit within the spectrum of the organization.

GOOD PrC, those well thought out and play tested. I say this based on the PrC thread that is currently a hot topic about power and balance.

Adventure Design articles.

If you do include Feats, include them within the articles said above. If an organiztion uses a certain style of focus, or a way of combat, then it could be a feat, or alternate combat rule.

Unique Techniques/Maneuvers for combat: this idea is best represented in FFG's book Path of the sword, where they list cool techniques anybody with the Feat and Skills can do, so anybody can use them and they are not class specific. Probably really great for martial art maneuvers in a setting where most, if not all, have learned martial art maneuvers but magic still exists.

Spell cardstocks/creature tokens: similar to the recent dragon and dungeon magazines.

Unique Skill Usages.

Small adventures for the game worlds that are not as common: Dragonstar, CoCthulu, Wheel of Time, d20Modern, wilderness only adventures, Traveller T20, Ravenloft d20, Dragonlance d20, Sovereign Stone d20, and probably for the mini-campaigns that Dungeon has released in the last year. I bet if this was done many Dungeon subscribers would also subscribe to your magazine.

And anything else that will help you get more subscribers. More subscribers means more money for you. More money for you means more issues you can release in the future. More issues means more opportunities for those of us who will love ENMag for submissions. More submissions means more articles for you to use. More issues means more great and wonderful gaming experiences for us in the future to come.

Bamphalas

First Post
Paypal and EnMag Opinions :)

Alzrius said:
I just glanced at the subscription page. The only way to subscribe is via Paypal. Now, thats probably the best way, but Id like to see an option for us non-credit card holders. Im an American studying overseas, and I dont have a credit card, so I have no way of subscribing until I return to America (which wont be for months). Please say there will be an option of mailing in subscriptions by money order put up real soon!

I use PayPal, and I DON't have any credit cards. PayPal functions just fine with a checking account. You can sign up your checking account and pull money from it into your PayPal. I believe they will also deposit your check into your PayPal account, but I'm not positive about that.

As for the Magazine, a few opinions:
1) I've never been one for fiction in a magazine. Always found it a waste of paper.
2) Campaign specific articles have always turned me off. Don't like too much fluff getting in the way. Especially when they are from a campaign I have no interest in.
3) Feats, PrCs, Magic Items should not dominate, but they shouldn't be avoided either. Perhaps a specific section where these crunchy bits are covered from issue to issue?
4) IMO, themes tend to suck. Nothing worse than getting a magazine and finding 95% of it is useless because it only covers a particular idea I have no interest in. I'd rather have a magazine that has a little bit of offering for a variety of things so at least something might be useful. If themes are a must, might I suggest a vote in advance, so the themes offered are useful to the most people?
5) What I WOULD like to see lots of variety. Different articles dedicated to different subjects. For example, One article on monsters, one on equipment, etc. New rules, especially rules covering concepts that have yet to be covered.

The above wasn't meant to step on anyone's toes. Just wanted to join in on the conversation. :D

Azure Trance

First Post
RangerWickett said:

When I read quotes like this, the greedy side of me shouts that we really should be charging for Asgard magazine. If we sold it for a nickel apiece, we'd be rich. And then I could buy that orange castle I've always wanted.

Not to go on a tangent, but as I browsed through Asgard line before I really found use in only Hongs Martial Artist and partially in the Shield Maiden. Also it had fluffy things such as reviews and fiction. Perhaps if it had higher production values charging would be appropriate ... it could be called Asgard Part Deux, or maybe EN WORLDS PLAYER JOURNAL. ;D

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Re: Paypal and EnMag Opinions :)

Bamphalas said:
I use PayPal, and I DON't have any credit cards. PayPal functions just fine with a checking account. You can sign up your checking account and pull money from it into your PayPal. I believe they will also deposit your check into your PayPal account, but I'm not positive about that.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know that, but even so it doesn't help me much. I emptied out my checking account before I left since the bank I was using has no branches here, and I don't dare play around with my account here in Japan. Im just glad the people over at Goodman Games are so quick to hear our pleas, since now I can go mail that money order tomorrow to them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases