[PR] EN World Print Magazine to be Published by Goodman Games

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Nice, but who handles distribution for goodman games? (hopes it will be Ossyeum)

What format will it be B&W or full color? Glossy?

Morrus said:
“If feats and prestige classes didn’t exist, what would you write about?” It will aim to recapture the feel of early-1980s Dragon Magazine, with a variety of articles that are more than just third-edition rules exercises.
I don't mean to be negative (here it comes!) But, if memory serves me correctly (And I read them as they were published, not recently), the best reason to buy Dragon at the time was for articles like Gygax's From the Sorceror's Scroll, which at the time was an unannounced preview of the Unearth Arcana book: Cantrips, Cavelier, Thief-Acrobat, mage spells, cleric spells, crunch, crunch, crunch. Also at the time were the legendary Hell issues, detailing the dukes of hell, crunch. The ecology of articles, with their myriad of footnotes started around then. Most of the "good" 1st edition NPC classes were in those pages: Samuri around issue 63, Anti-Paladin, a full witch writeup, alternate bard (A bard, not so hard).

Nostalgia tells me that this was the best Dragon era. But if feats and PrCs had existed in 1st ed, early 1980's Dragons would have been full of feats and PrCs. Perhaps you are really targetting the very late 80's early 90s Dragons, when the mainstay of the magazine was on "role"-playing. There are far more flavorful articles in that era than in the early 80s. Thumb through the archive and see. This era had the voyage of the silver princess series; the "ecology of" articles were less campy.

Or maybe my memory is fuzzy. I don't have my archive here to peruse, and the dragons are stuffed in boxes at my parents' house. I'll stop here before I get "wistful".

Good luck in your endeavor.

Joe

P.S. Now I see how Morrus was hoping to get ENWorld notices in FLGSs. For that alone I hope you succeed.

goodmangames

First Post
EricNoah said:

I will personally be hand-delivering each issue to every subscriber. Guaranteed!*

Subscriptions will cost $2,000 for 4 issues, including the cost of jetting Eric to personally deliver each issue. And he'll autograph every issue!

Alternatively, we'll have a budget subscription rate available for $20/4 issues. This includes first class mail but no Eric. ;)

Full details on how to subscribe will follow soon...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases