[PR] EN World Print Magazine to be Published by Goodman Games

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Re: professionalism

gorgon1964 said:

You might want to leave out these personal hangups. It makes it sound like it's a high school publication. Any writer worth his salt will know these things.

What you're ignoring is that this is a publication tied directly to this website. The importance of this fact is that many, if not most, of the contributors will be posters here, who may think "hey, I can post a pretty good thread now and then, I know they'll accept my submission!" and then will get pissy and start flame wars when their submission is not accepted. I guarantee this will happen. You may know something about the magazine business, but Morrus knows this community. If these things had not come up before on the boards, he wouldn't have mentioned them.

Also, while Morrus may still be looking into how to do all this, in the end, if one doesn't like the terms - one doesn't have to submit.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
GMSkarka said:
Plus, the whole "please don't waste both your time and ours by pursuing an enquiry" thing leaves a very sour taste in my mouth.

Why? If you're a professional - and I know you are, because I recognize the name - then that doesn't apply to you. If I'm somewhere and someone yells "hey jackass!" my first reaction is not to think they're talking to me. The same goes with this.

goodmangames

First Post
Subscriptions now available

Baraendur said:
Those are just a few suggestions off the top of my head. I'll most likely subscribe as soon as subscriptions are available.

Well, subscriptions are now available! I didn't expect to have to deal with subscriptions for a while, but I'm glad there's so much support for the magazine! Here is where you can go to subscribe:

http://www.goodman-games.com/store.php

In answer to a few previous posters: Yes, there IS an option to subscribe from overseas, though the higher postage costs make it more expensive (since it will be printed and shipped from the USA).

And Asgard magazine will still be produced, though it too may slow down to quarterly, because I will (hopefully) be a regular contributor to ENMag, as well as submissions coordinator of Asgard.

Hee hee, I get, like, 10 pages in the first issue. Sweet.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Y'know what I really like? I like the "Campaign Components" concept Dragon has been using lately. I'd like to see more material along those lines, and in other magazines like this one.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Quill_Quayuazue said:
Can't wait to see this new magazine !

How about information on a subscription !

Either scroll up a few posts, check the main EN World news page or look at the Journal's info page. :)

How about further linking the site and the mag by offering "community supporter" status for subscribers? ( perhaps at a slightly higher rate, or multi-year option, etc... )

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I saw the note on the news page and I have already subscribed! Woo WHoo!!!!

Any idea who might have been the first subscriber? Or is there even a way to find that out?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases