WoTC to hire new Director of Brand Marketing for D&D

Kzach

Banned
Banned
* Set strategic objectives for the brand to ensure customer needs are met. Reconcile brand objectives with corporate goals.
* Create and drive overall brand strategy and positioning across product design, marketing and marketing communication.
* Foster the development of innovative digital and analog products targeting meaningful age groups and psychographics
* Grow profitably the brand by leading its regional expansion and category growth across a wide range of expressions (movies, TV series, books, games, licensed apparel, etc.)
* Leverage the most up-to-date digital marketing practices including online media, social media, interactive and direct marketing to grow the player community
* Manage brand P&L and makes key decisions on quality, cost, and timing for marketing programs and product under parameters set by the group Vice President.
* Manage overall brand A&P budgets and operating cost.
* Develop high-impact global marketing strategy, positioning and plans for major regions, in support of defined business & overall brand objectives.
* Write comprehensive strategic marketing, business, and sales plans
* Define and communicate all elements of the marketing program for the brand, including advertising, promotions, PR, retail programs, packaging, merchandising, and media initiatives.
* Ensure consistency of brand expression and essence throughout various marketing programs.
* Lead cross functional team members to excel in planning and execution of marketing and product plans Provide guidance to internal Wizards teams to tactically execute marketing plans.
* Provide internal International Marketing teams strategic direction for the brand.
* Evaluate current market trends and competitive activity; report on key findings.
* Coordinate with Hasbro product and media partners to deliver seamless marketing and brand messaging to the consumer.
* Act as key brand contact for business partners, international groups, Hasbro corporate, and press.
* Manage licensor/licensee relationships.
* Occasional travel required.
* Develop and mentor a team of intermediate and junior level marketer(s)

Sounds like a cruisey position. Mojitos, sun, babes...

czak

First Post
"Familiarity with Wizards products a plus particularly Duel Master"

What does duel master have to do with the D&D brand? Is this a copy paste error from an old job ad?

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
With Monte coming on as a developer/imagineer (whether as a consultant or full-time employee) and now a new brand manager position announcement, I think this portents a new edition big time. When? I say the D&D XP show or Gencon 2013. There's still a lot to be done and I hope they adopt an open beta program.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
With Monte coming on as a developer/imagineer (whether as a consultant or full-time employee) and now a new brand manager position announcement, I think this portents a new edition big time. When? I say the D&D XP show or Gencon 2013. There's still a lot to be done and I hope they adopt an open beta program.

Ever heard of a location or ban bet?

It's a forum thing where two people who disagree on something agree to place a wager. Depending on the wager, the winner either gets to change the loser's location in their profile to whatever they want (the loser having to honour the choice and change their own actual profile), or the loser has a self-imposed ban from the forums, both of these for a set amount of time like a week or a month.

I bet you that we won't see a new edition any time in the next two years. I'll go a location bet for a month but I'm also willing to do a ban bet.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Assuming that work on a new edition is effectively about to begin, I believe that that 2014 would make sense, since it would be the 40th anniversary of D&D.

nedjer

Adventurer
Ever heard of a location or ban bet?

It's a forum thing where two people who disagree on something agree to place a wager. Depending on the wager, the winner either gets to change the loser's location in their profile to whatever they want (the loser having to honour the choice and change their own actual profile), or the loser has a self-imposed ban from the forums, both of these for a set amount of time like a week or a month.

I bet you that we won't see a new edition any time in the next two years. I'll go a location bet for a month but I'm also willing to do a ban bet.

If it's going to get all win mentality around here, why stop there . . . one of those medieval ordeals where you grab a white hot bar of iron and see how far the winner (?) and loser can carry it would be sweet :devil:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This sounds like a job for...a Gamer with an MBA!!!!!!

...who lives in or near Washington.

I live in Tx. Damn.

(May still ally for it, though.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases