--Baldur's Gate
--Baldur's Gate 2
--Icewind Dale
--Icewind Dale 2
--Temple of Elemental Evil
--Planescape Torment
--NEVERWINTER NIGHTS

ALL WINDOWS 7 COMPATIBLE!!!!!

Theres a buttload of other really cool older RPG PC games there too.

Heres the link:
Games catalogue - GOG.com

Enjoy.....:lol:

Orius

Legend
Well my copy of NWN works fairly well with my Win7 computer, I managed to install and run it without any significant problems.

Haven't tried Baldur's Gate yet though, this is one of those bargain notebooks that doesn't use any disc drives, and BG requires very frequent disc changing. I have no idea how well it would work using something like Daemon Tools to try running the game.

IronWolf

blank
GOG.com (Good Ole Games) has re-released old D&D games like:

--Baldur's Gate
--Baldur's Gate 2
--Icewind Dale
--Icewind Dale 2
--Temple of Elemental Evil
--Planescape Torment
--NEVERWINTER NIGHTS

ALL WINDOWS 7 COMPATIBLE!!!!!

Theres a buttload of other really cool older RPG PC games there too.

Heres the link:
Games catalogue - GOG.com

And just this past weekend they had them for $3.99 each! You just missed the 60% off sale...

cyderak

Banned
Banned
Well my copy of NWN works fairly well with my Win7 computer, I managed to install and run it without any significant problems.

Haven't tried Baldur's Gate yet though, this is one of those bargain notebooks that doesn't use any disc drives, and BG requires very frequent disc changing. I have no idea how well it would work using something like Daemon Tools to try running the game.

No disc's needed.....works great for me on my WIn 7 desktop.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I wish they would just be compatible. My Age of Empires 2 disc still works just fine (and OMG it's so much better than AoE3 it's not even funny!) but I can't run it on my Vista computer. Its a freaking Microsoft product! What the hell?!

Orius

Legend
Because Vista sucks.

Seriously?

The compatibility problems in older Windows games may partially be a matter of security actually. Some of the older games took advantages of elements in the Windows code that became security holes, and Vista and Win 7 have various fixes to some of those holes. And there's hardware compatibility porblems too, since we're not running computers on the same hardware we were 10 years ago and more.

I did manage to get Baldur's Gate running without any serious problems, and it didn't give me the problems I feared it would. All I really had to do was set up 3 virtual drives to mount an image of each game disk and then edit the configuration file to point to each of the proper virtual drive for the game's 6 folders on the three disks. Then it runs the game smoothly and I don't even get a prompt to change the disks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases