[LPF]Something's Cooking
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 340
  1. #1

    [LPF]Something's Cooking

    DM: Sunshadow21
    Judge:

    Start Date: 09/25/2011
    End Date: 11/28/2011
    65 days long

    Players:
    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Encounter XP: 1000; Encounter GP: 1400
    time xp: 715; time gp: 715
    total xp = 1715; total gp = 2115
    Nimientioquijuil (Tio)
    Encounter XP: 1000; Encounter GP: 1400
    time xp: 455; time gp: 390
    total xp = 1455; total gp = 1790
    Temarel Leafculled
    Encounter XP: 1000; Encounter GP: 1400
    time xp: 715; time gp: 715
    total xp = 1715; total gp = 2115
    Vincenzo
    Encounter XP: 1000; Encounter GP: 1400
    level 3 - Oct 29 (2560 starting xp + 600 encounter xp + 385 time xp = 3545 xp) level 2 time gp: 35 days x 11 gp = 385
    additional time xp: 450; additional time gp: 510
    total time xp: 835; total time gp: 895
    total xp = 1835; total gp = 2295

    Adventure Rules
    * I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

    * Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or the EnWorld on-line dice roller for the players. I will using my own methods for rolling in order to keep secret rolls properly secret.

    * Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

    * If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so at the end of an encounter. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

    * All characters need an appropriate character picture. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post during a fight.


    Example Mini-stats block:
    Mini Stats

    Ariel Esimae
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 9 Current: 9
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

    Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

    Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW


    Encounter Information
    Money Retrieval: CR 5 1600 xp total/400 xp each
    Berserk Calzone Golem: CR 3 800 xp total/200 xp each
    Exploration: CR 1 400 xp total/100 xp each
    2nd floor and wrapup: CR 4 1200 xp total/300 xp each
    5600 encounter gp total/1400 encounter gp each
    Last edited by sunshadow21; Tuesday, 29th November, 2011 at 02:56 AM.

  2. #2
    Just need a picture for Vincenzo, otherwise remember to make your mini blocks and let's have some fun.

    You head out the place indicated by the halfling and find an older neighborhood that is on one of the larger chunks of land in town. Once a fashionable neighborhood, it seems to have fallen a bit, with many of the houses in less than complete repair, and a variety of styles are present to testify to it's many ups and downs. Still, it's a respectable enough neighborhood on the surface with a decent commercial heart that contains a pub, a watch station, and about half a dozen other shops for various basic services. Residents move about the streets mostly unconcerned, chatting with their neighbors, but there is a barely noticable edge to their reactions to unfamiliar folk.

  3. #3
    blank COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    IronWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,842
    Fulgrim heads out to the neighborhood described by the halfling with the others. His head turns this way and that taking in the city as he walks, a bit of apprehension from being within the city as he goes.

    Seeing a pub and watch station as they take an initial survey of the neighborhood, Fulgrim comments to his companions "Reckon da' watch or pub be good places to start talkin'. Meself lean towards checkin' the pub. Yerselves?"



    Mini Stats


    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 17 (16 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 28 Current: 28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

    Damage Reduction: 1/--

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    ** rage stats coming soon **


  4. #4
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Ni follows the others to the indicated neighborhood, taking in the sights whilst somehow simultaneously not paying attention to their route per se. Seemingly unperturbed by a neighborhood on its decline, he turns to Fulgrim as the dwarf speaks. "Hmm...perhaps we should split up? Myself and friend dwarf could investigate the pub, and you two could inquire at the watch station? At the very least, it would be a good opportunity to continue working on my beard," he adds solemnly. It's clear that the gnome is fast developing an interest in taverns.

    OOC
    Just about bedtime for me, I'll get your statblock set up tomorrow, sunshadow. Just to be clear on what we're doing right now - we're questioning those in the neighborhood about the theft in order to determine who was responsible?
    Last edited by Qik; Monday, 26th September, 2011 at 04:53 AM.

  5. #5
    OOC
    Yes, your task right now is to figure out who did it and where they can be found.

  6. #6
    blank COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

    IronWolf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,842
    Fulgrim stands with the others, his eyes scanning the neighborhood. "Eh - the beard could use a bit'o more work." Fulgrim replies, still noting there appears to be no signs of beard growth yet. "Ye must 'ave a stubborn one!"

    "Reckon the watch station is safe 'nuff. Might run inta' trouble at the pub if we find what we lookin' fer." Fulgrim continues.


    Mini Stats


    Fulgrim Ironforge
    Initiative: +3 (+5 when underground)
    AC: 17 (16 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 28 Current: 28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 16 Fort: +6 Reflex: +1 Will: +1

    Damage Reduction: 1/--

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Last edited by IronWolf; Monday, 26th September, 2011 at 11:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Member
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lilburn, GA, 30047
    Posts
    154
    "Well the watch might be a decent place for me and Vincenzo to start. I'm afraid Sauvressa has a way with people only a porcupine could admire."

    The celestial creature by him remained passive but watched warily bristling with barely contained intensity when someone came too close or looked the wrong way. Turning down to Temarel she warns Beware my beloved this is a strange place. The buildings are too short.

    "That means it's a town."

    "But...even a town among elves have buildings made from the mightiest oaks."

    "It's a human thing." Gesturin towards Vincenzo. "Shall we?"

    ooc
    Just a note to the party. Sauvressa is quite literally a walking bundle of Intimidation now. +13 to intimidate to be exact. Granted this is not a diplomacy score so I'd suggest that option first.



    Ministats

    Temarel
    Initiative: +5
    AC: 17 (14 without shield/flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    HP: 16 Current: 16
    CMB: +3 CMD: 16 Fort: +1 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Summons Left: 5/day
    Spells Slots Remaining: 1st: 3

    Sauvressa
    Initiative: +1
    AC: 15 (14 without shield/flat-footed, 11 Touch)
    HP: 20 Current: 20
    CMB: +6 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +3
    Current Weapon in Hand: Masterwork Glaive

  8. #8
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    "You are life-bonded too?!" the gnome exclaims excitedly. "I was uncertain whether Levicolls* existed this far from Illi Esse! How marvelous! I am also life-bonded, but my predilection is to manifest in a more general way..." It's clear that the gnome is a hair from slipping into a gushing monologue on all things life-bonded, but he's somehow able to let the urgency of their present task bring him back to task. "Right - let us go drink with friends!" he says, marching towards the tavern, blissfully unconcerned with the prospect of resistance which Fulgrim so appropriately alluded to.
    *
    "Levicolls" is the term given to "life-bonded" individuals on Ni's home island. This includes summoners, but is extended to any creature possessing a special relationship with life, in any of its facets.
    OOC
    Ni's a diplomacy machine (+12 at level 1), so he'll be happy to blindly charm his way through whenever the situation calls for it.
    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil Initiative: +2
    HP: 9/9
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +2
    Perception: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells:
    - 0: Infinite
    - 1: 2/2
    Eidolon: Unsummoned

  9. #9
    The tavern is mostly empty this time of day, with a few stragglers from lunch still about and a small staff doing this and that to keep busy. Surprisingly, the interior, or at least the common room, has managed to avoid the hodge podge architecture that the exterior has taken on while still being maintained reasonably well. The bar is across the back of the room. On one side of the room is a decent sized stage and on the other side of the room is a stairway and a number of halls leading to private meeting room and sleeping quarters. It is a predominantly human and halfling gathering in the room matching that of the nearby streets.

    The watch station is a well made reinforced small hut for all practical purposes. It looks to have no more than 3 or 4 rooms, and it is clear from the looks of the interior that it is probably not common for non guard folk to use it much, a feeling encouraged by the half sleeping sergeant at the desk who seems startled at the sound of the bell as the door opens.

  10. #10
    Member
    A 1e title so awesome it's not in the book (Lvl 21)



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    26,244
    OOC: I have never found a good pic for V. i will renew the effort though!

    Mini Stats

    Vincenzo's link
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 16 touch: 12 flat footed: 14
    HP: 22 Current: 22
    BAB: +2
    CMB: +4 = [BAB (2) + STR (2) + Misc (00)]
    CMB: +6 to Trip*
    CMB: +7 to Disarm*,***
    CMD: 16 = [10 + BAB (2) + STR (2) + DEX (2) + Misc (00)]
    CMD: 18 vs Trip**
    CMD: 19 vs Disarm**,***
    * +2 to CMB for Disarm and Trip (Improved Disarm Feat, Improved Trip Feat)
    ** +2 to CMD for Disarm and Trip (Improved Disarm Feat, Improved Trip Feat)
    *** +1 to CMB/CMD Disarm and Bluff to Feint (Deceptive Strike)

    Fort: +4
    Reflex: +2
    Will: +1
    Resistance:[/COLOR] none

    Current Weapon in Hand: +1 ivory handled Rapier (off hand is always empty as per style of fighting)


Quick Reply Quick Reply

Similar Threads

  1. What's cooking for 13th Age?
    By Marcon in forum *Pathfinder & Starfinder
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Monday, 26th August, 2013, 07:55 PM
  2. COOKING: sometimes, simpler is better.
    By Dannyalcatraz in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Wednesday, 7th September, 2011, 09:53 PM
  3. The Cooking Skill - Help Me Come Up With A Balanced Way To Use This
    By Olaf the Stout in forum *Pathfinder & Starfinder
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Sunday, 28th June, 2009, 02:48 PM
  4. What have you been cooking recently?
    By Amy Kou'ai in forum *Varied Geek Talk & Media Lounge
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Tuesday, 29th July, 2008, 07:03 PM
  5. [d20 Modern] Cooking: what skill to use?
    By The Shaman in forum *General Roleplaying Games Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Wednesday, 26th January, 2005, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •