[Proposal] All characters have 1 boon slot

Luinnar

First Post
I think allowing only one boon would fix the issue. I don't think allowing the boon only to last the adventure is a good idea since they are usually given out instead of treasure. Adventure judges keep an eye on things anyway, so there is a less potential for abuse (there is character approvals as well).

What if a character already has more than one boon if this gets voted in? (not that I know of any) Would they be "grandfather clause-ed" in until they switch boons? Also, would a character be able to "sell" a boon (at the boon level or level they got it at with custom boons) or would it just replace the current boon?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I think allowing only one boon would fix the issue. I don't think allowing the boon only to last the adventure is a good idea since they are usually given out instead of treasure. Adventure judges keep an eye on things anyway, so there is a less potential for abuse (there is character approvals as well).

What if a character already has more than one boon if this gets voted in? (not that I know of any) Would they be "grandfather clause-ed" in until they switch boons? Also, would a character be able to "sell" a boon (at the boon level or level they got it at with custom boons) or would it just replace the current boon?

People who already have more than 1 boon (are there any?) should keep them, then only 1 boon from here on out. I vote YES on this proposal (of course).

Luinnar

First Post
I vote YES on 1 boon slot and characters that currently have more than one can keep them but may only have one if any are ever replaced.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I vote YES on 1 boon slot per PC.

I'm not to keen on the "If you already have more than one, you get to keep them" idea, but I'll let others weigh in on that.

That being said, I would still allow DMs the freedom to hand out temporary boons (artifact style) if it helps the story, but definitely only one slot for permanent boons.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
We have 2 yes votes on this and 0 no votes. Any other judges mind weighing in?

I don't know if any PCs even have more than 1 boon, so I think the best way to handle the final proposal wording would be:

"PCs may only have 1 permanent boon. PCs that have more than one boon at the time of this proposal may sell any additional boons they have at 100%. DMs can, of course, give out additional boons that last for the duration a player is with the DM, but the player may only keep one boon when they switch to a new DM and thus require a new approval."

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
So, this passed a month ago and I lost track of it. One thing we missed - what happens if someone has a boon and chooses to replace it?

Can they sell it like a magical item of its level or do they just lose it?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases