The Dying Skyseer - release date?

Gronin

Explorer
According to the Campaign Guide for Zeitgeist "The Dying Skyseer" is slated for a September release. I realize that September is not over and I also realize that these were estimated dates but I was wondering if there was any tighter schedule that could be given. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Due to me falling behind my writing schedule and one artist disappearing, we're likely to go to layout on October 7th. So I'd expect release around October 21st. I'm sorry to have missed the mark, but if any subscriber needs to have the adventure text so they can run it before then, just email me at ryanznock@gmail.com and I'll send you the draft text.

Falkus

Explorer
That's somewhat disappointing, but understandable. It shouldn't be an issue for my campaign, since it'll probably be another three sessions (six weeks) before we finish Island at the Axis of the World; but I still prefer to have plenty of time to review every detail of an adventure before I run it.

Gronin

Explorer
Thanks for the quick response. I do hope that you did not take my queries as any attempt to express displeasure or point fingers. I am more than satisfied with the campaign path so far and I am willing to wait a bit longer to get a good product. As an owner/operator of a small business myself I more than understand that sometimes deadlines cannot be met for various reasons both within and beyond our control.

However, I do intend to take you up on your offer for the draft text. Like Falkus mentioned it is nice to read/review things thoroughly ahead of time and my group is probably only 2 sessions away from finishing up the first installment.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
This might be a silly question, but will this have a knock-on effect on the release of all the subsequent installments?

I'd like to have a clear idea of how long I have to run #2: My group cut through #1 like a knife through butter and we now have a good three sessions before the release of Dying Skyseer. I might have encouraged them to stop and smell the roses had I known better!

Still, I plan to give them some random RHC bug hunts to give them some idea of the passage of time. (I might not even tell them when the adventure proper has started. Ho ho!)

Which artist has departed, if you don't mind me asking?

DonTadow

First Post
Bump- I'd like to know the new release schedule too. I have a pretty good system installed where we explore the pcs back stories between adventures, but it would be great to know the timeline generally. Maybe even an updated expected sticky note.

Really it was a situation of a late release for the first adventure slowing down the second one, because I wrote both. I've already received the text of adventure 3, written by Matthew J Hanson, so we'll be able to catch up easily.

Our layout artist will have everything for part 2 by Sunday.

Falkus

Explorer
Woohoo! Glad to hear that :)

I think I'll run an outside adventure between parts 1 and 2 irregardless, because DonTadow gave me a great idea about using 'em to explore PC backgrounds!

Remove ads