One Night in October--FRINGE Season IV/AWWP #2

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
One Night in October

Waltenate and his team call upon their counterparts from This Side for help when a serial killer goes on a bloody rampage. However, when they recruit the killer's This Side counterpart, a professor of forensic psychology, the team is forced to consider whether they can put civilians at risk.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I thought it was a really good episode.

One of the central themes in this episode and the last is that the people we surround ourselves with has a fairly big impact on who we are. Obviously it's not so blunt as being a serial killer or not. Yet, we see that without Peter Olivia is colder and Fauxlivia is more snarky, both of them more distant than they used to be.

This episode is basically setting the stage for this season - what does Peter's absence mean? How do the people around us shape us to be who we are? Is this so fundamental that even an Observer can be swayed by it?

Was it mythology heavy? Not in the least. Was it an important note in the narrative? Absolutely?

Fast Learner

First Post
I really enjoy how Olivia's personality has reverted back to the one we met at the beginning of the first season, without the warmth she gained with exposure to Peter (and a more healed Walter). Very well played.

SiderisAnon

First Post
And perhaps the person with the most changed situation is other-side Colonel Phillip Broyles.

It's going to be interesting to see what changes for various people if Peter starts coming back.

He was, but he died helping Olivia escape the Red Universe.

At this point it's pretty clear that without Peter, the plan to kidnap Olivia went off without a hitch. Without Peter, Olivia never broke free of the brainwashing.
Why is she back then, though? Or was that just part of the plan all along?

I am also not sure how the machine worked without Peter (or what kind of machine it was instead.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases