[October] What are you reading?

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I put the Dwarves omnibus (from the warhammer universe) on the shelf when I got on a Paleo nutrition reading binge. Picked it back up, enjoying the hell out of the awesome depiction of fantasy dwarves!

Jack7

First Post
I'm re-reading some of the R E Howard Conan stories and enjoying the hell out of them. :)
I also recently re-read some Conan and enjoyed them very much.

As for me:

Faction (Non-fiction)

My Inventions - the Autobiography of Nikola Tesla

The Great American Awakening - by Jim DeMint. Jim's a friend of mine and I'm looking forward to reading this. I meant to last month but got too busy with business projects.

Fiction

Sixkill - this was Parker's last completed Spenser novel, and I'm really looking forward to reading this. I probably like his Stone books better, but Spenser really grew on me over time.

The Profession - I just finished this actually. Steven Pressfield wrote a very interesting, but very uneven book on near future warfare. I don't agree with his predictions, but some of his ideas were extremely interesting, even brilliant. Though he does his usually superb job of depicting soldiers. This book would have been better as a non-fiction book on military futurism. As a thriller it wasn't.

Children's and Young Adult Books

Red Rock Run

Ghost, Vampires, and Werewolves: Eerie Tales form Transylvania - nice for Halloween

Barnaby Grimes: Phantom of Blood Alley - I don't like these books nearly as well as the Last Apprentice Series, but these guys can write and the stories and characters are interesting.

Books on CD

The Last Precinct - I often read Bernard Cornwell, but this time thought I'd try one of his wife's books

Multiple Streams of Income - superb and very useful

Inbound Marketing

The Baron Son

eBooks

none this month, too much else to keep me busy

Lectures

The Big Picture MBA - by Professor Peter Navarro, University of California

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
The 1000 Autumns of Jacob De Zoet by David Mitchell. The first one-third was tough going, but the story got much better after that, particularly as it focused on a nunnery with bizarre rituals. Still some of Mitchell's tangents don't really work for me.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I also recently re-read some Conan and enjoyed them very much.

Oooh! I went by a Friends of the Library sale today and picked up twenty plus Conan the Cimmerian Dark Horse comics for fifty cents apiece! Also got some Northlanders.

Last edited:

Elodan

Adventurer
Just finished [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mort-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0061020680/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317569456&sr=8-1"]Mort[/ame]; Terry Pratchett.
- Someone lent me Guards! Guards! and I've been slowly acquiring the series and reading them from the beginning. If I'd started with Color of Magic, I might have given the whole lot a pass.

Currently reading [ame="http://www.amazon.com/1776-David-McCullough/dp/0743226720/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1317569631&sr=1-1"]1776[/ame]; David McCullough.
- Been sitting on my shelf for ages.

My current RPG related reading is The Brinewall Legacy, the first part of the Jade Regent adventure path.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases