Ultramodern Firearms d20 Web Preview

Nikchick

Explorer

uf_cov_200.jpg

Green Ronin has just posted an 8-page Web Preview for Charles Ryan's Ultramodern Firearms d20, our real-world weapons sourcebook for d20 Modern. This preview includes the Desert Eagle, the Uzi family, and the AI PM Counter-Terrorist sniper rifle, alongside many many others.

Ultramodern Firearms was written and designed by Charles Ryan, also known to d20 audiences for his work on the Wheel of Time RPG and d20 Modern for Wizards of the Coast.

This 160-page hardcover book is currently at the printer, and on track to ship to retail stores in mid-December. This fully-updated material focuses on the features, advantages, and uses of over 300 weapons and sights. Ultramodern Firearms is an indispensable resource for any contemporary d20 game.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
Oh, this is gonna be sweet... :cool:

A well researched resource on equipment for d20 Modern campaigns... seems quite viable to me--and a smart move too! ;)

Will this product feature a segement on fictional equipment as well--for those "more cinematic applications"? :D

-W.

Cergorach

The Laughing One
*jaw drops to floor*

WoW! Amazing! Drool!

Me want! I'm going to so much nag my distributor for this!

Are there any rules in there to make it 'compatible' with Spycraft?

Pramas

Explorer
There are rules in there for using the guns with a Wounds/Vitality system a la Spycraft.

There are no fictional guns though. These are all the real deal.

We approved the proofs last week and it looks superb. Of late, there has been much rejoicing at GR HQ. :)

JoeCrow

Explorer
Looks delish. Thinking though: that layout, the borders, the little graphicy bits in the corners and whatnot...cutting a little close to the bone on WotC's trade dress, no? Looking at the trade dress bit they released, you might want to be careful, lessen you've got some side agreement thing goin' on.

Be a damn shame for something this useful and purty to get snagged on trade dress issues.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Pramas said:

There are rules in there for using the guns with a Wounds/Vitality system a la Spycraft.
Aren't you supposed to wait until that rules mechanics becomes OGC, or did you get special permission from Wizards?

Don't get me wrong. I do want to use UMF with my Spycraft games. :cool:

Pramas

Explorer
JoeCrow said:
Looks delish. Thinking though: that layout, the borders, the little graphicy bits in the corners and whatnot...cutting a little close to the bone on WotC's trade dress, no? Looking at the trade dress bit they released, you might want to be careful, lessen you've got some side agreement thing goin' on.

It's OK. We checked.

garyh

First Post
I was just looking at the preview, and Ultramodern Firearms looks to be just the thing for a PbP game I'm hoping to start up in January.

I'll give you all a three word hint: Real. American. Hero.

:)

Remove ads