The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Medina

Explorer
Corragan looks at the boxes and breifly considers his options. "A bird in the hand..." he mutters. "I'll keep these chests" he announces.

OOC: As I see it, Ignatz has done very well; assuming you change your three chests for chest 2 you've got 1k gold effective value, and only Rilissa can match that without a gamble.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: For those of you who don't have the reference, here is the random treasure parcel for a level 1 character.

50% chance of 20-120 gp in coins
15% chance of 100-200 gp in gems
5% chance of an art object worth 250 gp
40% chance of a magic item of level 2-5.

So those of you thinking of trading in your chests, the probability that your new chest will be empty = (.5)(.85)(.95)(.6) = .242... or slightly more than 24%. That means there is better than a 75% chance your chest will contain something.

[sblock=Dina's Choice]
OOC: Dina would have to give up an empty chest and one containing 90gp to get a new one. Calculating her probability of at least breaking even...

Coins, 50% of the time her chest will contain no coins, and 26/36 times the coins she receives will be less than 90 gp.

If she gets the gems, art, or magic, she clearly ends up ahead of where she was.

So the probability she worse off is ((.5)+(.5)(26/36))(.85)(.95)(.6) = ~42%.

There is a ~5% chance of breaking even and thus a ~53% chance of ending up ahead.
[/sblock]

Looking at the entire display it appears that fortune would not necessarily favor me. Would I give up 90 pieces of gold for a chance at more?

After contemplating for a moment, she shakes her head.

No, the coin could help further my research. I shall be content with what I have chosen.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: As I see it, Ignatz has done very well; assuming you change your three chests for chest 2 you've got 1k gold effective value, and only Rilissa can match that without a gamble.
OOC: There are no level 4 or 5 items that would be better than level 3 item for Ignatz, therefore the voucher is worth 680 gp for me.

Can we trade parcels, @Iron Sky ? If we can, and anyone would like to trade my L5 Voucher for gp greater than 680 OR a L3 Voucher+whatever gp you want to spare (I wouldn't mind trading for just the voucher), I'd be up or that.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot that I got a +1 Jade Ghost Orb from the tomb... Can I trade that for gp? No one in the party is proficient with orb implements.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Sha'kar only has about a 36% chance to end up worse off trading in the empty chest and 70gp chest for a new one, at almost 2/3 chance of same or better, I'm thinkin ima go for it.
Sha'kar examines the three chests before him, quite happy with the first one, but less so with the empty one and the 70 gold in the third. "I'm feeling lucky," he says. I think I can do better than 70 gp. I'll trade these two in for a new one!" He indicates chests 3 and 4.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
If we toss two to roll for a new one, and we don't like the new one, can we then toss all three to pick one of the ones we didn't choose?

GM: If you toss 2 to get 1, you'll be left with only 2 and therefor won't have enough to trade 3 for 1. You could toss the 2 you have left for a new one, but you won't have much left...

Also, I shouldn't have called the Jade Ghost Orb an Orb. It's technically a Wonderous Item. You can, however, sell it for the usual 1/5 after the adventure is over if you don't want it.

Once you have finalized your selections, you can trade the parcels between each other however you want (or don't want as the case may be).

[sblock=Inside Sha'kar's new chest]80gp![/sblock]

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Sha'kar watches as a new chest is brought out before him and opened to reveal 80 gold pieces. He nods his head at the slight increase over what he had before, then walks to the chests and claims his prizes.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Oh! I'm dumb, of course I can't trade two chests for an unchosen one. :p. Last question: Is the Jade Ghost Orb a Common item? RC 278 says only common items sell for 1/5 value.

EDIT: For real last question: Are there any items that the Kolloseaum Magical Emporium does not have in stock?

Ignatz cocks his head quizzically. The chests he'd opened were either empty or nearly empty, and the the two he hadn't chosen were too. When invited, Ignatz takes a closer look at the last two chests, and in one he finds a small, official-looking scrap of parchment. "Oho!" he exclaims as his eyes follow the small script. "Hokay, Mister Announcer-guy, dot makes op for dot nasty trick earlier, hy tink." He abandons the chests he chose without a second thought, and grabs the chest with the voucher. "Hy chooze dis vun!" he hollers, grinning.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Oh! I'm dumb, of course I can't trade two chests for an unchosen one. :p. Last question: Is the Jade Ghost Orb a Common item? RC 278 says only common items sell for 1/5 value.

EDIT: For real last question: Are there any items that the Kolloseaum Magical Emporium does not have in stock?

GM: I'm not super savvy on the rarity rules (I thought L4W isn't using rarity?) Regardless, the Jade Ghost Orb sells at 1/5.

As we're not playing with rarity (AFAIK) you can get anything up to the value of your voucher at the Kolloseaum. Just let me know what you are getting so I can put it in the final rewards thingy that the judge approves.

Figure out your purchases and we'll wrap this thing up.

VanderLegion

First Post
"This will do wonderfully. I've been wanting a new crossbow for some time now," says Sha'kar.

OOC: I'm thinking a Point Blank Repeating Crossbow +1 looks nice (Level 3, adventurer's vault).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases