The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
1. Is there any way to defeat/disable the sharks?
2. Are there any other ways to escape the grab other than insanely hard (for Dina) Athletics/Acrobatics checks?
3. Is the platform and the top of the arena wall at the same elevation?
4. Is appeasing the crowd still an option? (It wasn't listed with the last round's update.)
5. Does there appear to be any way to disable to collapsing platform so that it doesn't shrink anymore.
6. Do I have a shot at the #*$%&$* announcer?

Seems like my best option might be to take a running leap over the 15' gap and escape that way. Not really looking forward to my character living or dying likely coming down to a single skill check.

GM: 1. I'm up for creative options. I'll say you can make an attack against a square(squares) of water. If you hit AC15/NAD13, you'll keep the sharks out of the square for a round.
2. Teleporting or being force-moved are usually the only other options for breaking grabs.
3. The arena platform and the arena beyond are the same height.
4. Appeasing the crowd is still an option, I don't know where the "Appease the Crowd" box went. Yes, you can still do it. I'll add it to the thread.
5. I'll say if you make 3 Minor Action DC18 Thievery checks, you can disable it for 1d6 rounds.
6. Maybe that'll be the next adventure: Announcer Hunt!

That's how it goes. Just so you know, the "To the Death" option in your contract was essentially the "rat bastard DM" checkbox. :)

Edit: Added the Appease the Crowd back. It should have been there this whole match, don't know why it wasn't. Apologies.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I think I like corragan's solution, that only requires me to pass ONE DC15 check instead of several...

[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION]: My jump would leave me ending in the square before the outside surface, so I would think I would hit the wall just below the surface. I went with the DC20 Ignatz used to try to catch myself, but wasn't sure if it would be an easier catch if I could grab the flat horizontal surface instead of trying to find purchase on a flat vertical surface (a Ladder for example looks like it's only a DC5 to catch hold, so...I'll let you decide that and update my post accordingly.

Sha'kar watches Corragan jump across the gap to the arena beyond and decides that looks like the best way out. He gathers himself, then runs toward the gap and leaps, but falls just short and slams into the wall.[sblock="actions"]Double Move: to D6 then long jump toward square left of A6[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], is it a Minor action to tie rope around my waist? Ignatz isn't going to leave any of you guys behind, and if I can climb out of there and I'm tied to you, I can pull you up fairly easily. Just tie a safety line on yourself and throw one end to me, and then try to attack my square to keep the sharks out. [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], if someone attacks the sharks in a square and successfully clears them out for a round, would the grab affecting a person in that square end?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: @Iron Sky , is it a Minor action to tie rope around my waist? Ignatz isn't going to leave any of you guys behind, and if I can climb out of there and I'm tied to you, I can pull you up fairly easily. Just tie a safety line on yourself and throw one end to me, and then try to attack my square to keep the sharks out. @Iron Sky , if someone attacks the sharks in a square and successfully clears them out for a round, would the grab affecting a person in that square end?

GM: Minor action to tie a belt around you sounds fine. I'll say the grab does end if your square is cleared.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina decides to give the crowd one last spectacle before she likely plummets to her death. Manipulating the magic of her Punishing Eye, she allows its baleful gaze to fall upon herself, illuminating her in a shimmering light.

"For my finale, you will witness this angel SOAR beyond the arena!"

Dina wasn't used to parlor tricks nor was she a born entertainer, so her little show only elicited polite applause, but it was enough that she at least calmed her nerves a little bit.

Taking a moment to clear her head, she ran along the edge of the platform and then leapt...

The far edge of the arena quickly approached. Not being an experienced leaper, she tried a little too hard to stick the landing. As her feat caught the lip of the far wall, she stumbled. Instinctively, she threw her weight forward. She stumbled and then nearly ran into the crowd. The deva manages to break her fall with her hands and it is only after a few tense moments that she realizes she safely reached the other side.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Arcana (1d20+12=18) (Crowd Appeased, +2 to next d20 roll)
Standard: Second Wind (+2 Defenses USNT, -1 surge, +6 hp)
Move: Athletics (1d20+0+2=17) (Cleared 3 squares, reached the square west of A1)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 22/24 Surges: 2/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [x]
Healing Infusion [x]
Inspiring Word [x]
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order [x]
Second Wind[x]

Punishing Eye[x][/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], is there any chance that I misunderstood something and that my Athletics 25 long jump (5 squares cleared) could have gotten me out of the arena?

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Sounds like you did. As long as you move at least 2 squares before jumping, you clear a number of squares with a long jump equal to your athletics check divided by 5. (Without the running start the result is divided by 10).

So it was DC 15 with a running start, DC 30 without to clear the gap.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION]: Any answer for my question in my last post? (Not sure if you noticed it since WEContact summoned you in his post right after)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
My jump would leave me ending in the square before the outside surface, so I would think I would hit the wall just below the surface. I went with the DC20 Ignatz used to try to catch myself, but wasn't sure if it would be an easier catch if I could grab the flat horizontal surface instead of trying to find purchase on a flat vertical surface (a Ladder for example looks like it's only a DC5 to catch hold, so...I'll let you decide that and update my post accordingly.

GM: I think trying to catch the edge sounds reasonable, though I would still pin the DC at 15.

@WEContact , A DC15 Athletics check would, in fact, be all you need to get out. I don't remember exactly what you did on your turn and ENWorld is slow right now I won't be able to check before I go to work. If you're doing a whole scrap of your turn, I'd probably say new rolls too...

Something I forgot to mention to everyone is you take no damage for falling into the water (aside from the octo-sharks) but you take normal 2d10 falling damage for falling onto the terrain floating in it.

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
GM: I think trying to catch the edge sounds reasonable, though I would still pin the DC at 15.

@WEContact , A DC15 Athletics check would, in fact, be all you need to get out. I don't remember exactly what you did on your turn and ENWorld is slow right now I won't be able to check before I go to work. If you're doing a whole scrap of your turn, I'd probably say new rolls too...

Something I forgot to mention to everyone is you take no damage for falling into the water (aside from the octo-sharks) but you take normal 2d10 falling damage for falling onto the terrain floating in it.

OOC: DC15 works for me. So I fall since I didn't get that. Next question, unless WEContact redoes his turn to try to just jump across, he's in the square I would fall too. What happens? Would I just fall to an adjacent square or what?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases