The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I think the hit points of the summoned toad are incorrect. I believe summoned creatures have hit points equal to the summoner's bloodied value, so the toad would have 14 hp not 7.

OOC: It''s my day for making mistakes, isn't it? Maybe I should have just concentrated on the decorating rather than D&D today! Thanks for the catch - corrected.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: As soon as I got to work I remembered Augment Energy. It was just enough to hit with Pressing Strike- I edited my turn. Thanks to you, Sha'kar, the Stone Frog will be spending the next turn being eaten by sharks instead of attacking someone.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Three: A Simple Arena Duel?, Round 3

The Beast Lords seem to intend to go out with a whimper, flailing about futiely as the group cuts them down.

GM: Plans feel through tonight, so I ended up having time to update.

Map is here.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Dust Frog: Move to D9, Barbed Tongue(Reach 3): 12 vs Rilissa's 14 Reflex, miss.

Beast Lord 2: Move to D5, Stealth(Camoflage Power): 7, fail. Longbow: 12 vs Ignatz' 17 AC, miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Outlined areas are places where terrain is "incoming". It's been fired into the air and will land there at the end of the round. Any creature under it when it lands takes 1d10+3 damage, is pushed out of the terrain's area, and knocked prone.

Each round the outer perimeter of the arena will collapse. Last team still standing on the platform wins. The blue area is water. Falling in deals no damage, but any creature that starts its turn in the water takes an attack: +7 vs AC, 1d10+5 damage and grabbed(escape DC18).

The scaffolding of holding up the arena is DC15 Athletics(climb) as are the 1 square tall "terrain".[/sblock]

[sblock=Orbs!]Picking up Orbs: It takes a minor action while adjacent to an orb to pick it up. Once picked up, it hovers above the character's head (no free hand needed). Each creature can carry only 1 orb at a time.

Dropping Orbs: Orbs can be dropped as a free action. Every time a creature with an orb takes damage, it must make a saving throw or the orb is dropped in its square.

Green Orb: The team gains regen 2 while any team member has the orb and healing powers heal +2 hp.

Red Orb: The team deals +1d4 fire damage on any attack and has resist 5 fire while any team member has the orb.

Yellow Orb: The team gains a "static wall" property while any team member has the orb. Any enemy that hits a member of the team with an attack takes 1d4 lightning damage.

Blue Orb: The team gains +1 to all defenses and DR1 while any team member has the orb.[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
Ignatz flashes a decidedly feral grin at the last beast lord, then eyes the remaining beast. He slinks away from the edge, waiting for a good opening, and when Rilissa mounts an attack Ignatz lashes out. His strike is ferocious, and Ignatz enjoys the edge his allies enchantments lend his weapon.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Body of the Wolf
Move: Shift->D8
Standard: Ready Howling Strike HITS DF AC 17 for 26 damage (17 untyped, 4 cold, 5 psychic)
Trigger: Rilissa moves into flank or ends turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Icebound Sigil, Regen 2, Resist 1 all, +1 all defenses
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 18/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 4/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 5
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
OOC: Turn invalidated by misunderstanding caused by change of how updates are handled.
I give up and move adjacent to the damn frog and greenflame blade it to kill it.
Ignore all rolls aside from Greenflame Blade and it's attendant damage.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina moves towards the last beast lord but fails to finish it.

[sblock=actions]Move: E7
Standard: Magic Weapon (1d20+8=11, 1d10+5+5=16)
Free: Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes (1d6=3)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 16/24 Surges: 3/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [x]
Healing Infusion [x]
Inspiring Word [x]
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order [x]
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[x][/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6677223]Faraque[/MENTION] The Dust Frog still has 7 hp after my attack, I edited its hp on the map after I posted. You can't use immediate actions on your own turn, so you can't use Frost Backlash if you provoke an oa that hits, and Punishing Eye only adds damage to a hit, so you don't add it to the Yellow Orb damage (or Frost Backlash, if you could use it, since it missed).

You may want to rework your turn.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Sorry I was a little brusque there, @Faraque . The turn's still salvageable: since you didn't realize the Stone Frog was still alive, just target it with Greenflame Blade instead of the beastlord (it's what you probably would have done, and it kills Stone Frog), then move adjacent to the beastlord and mark it. You don't provoke any OAs, and Frost Backlash is still unused. You don't use a lot of the rolls you made, but you don't have to roll anything new either, and the map ends up pretty much where you left it. Sound good?

For what it's worth, I think your confusion is understandable. Immediate/Opportunity actions took me forever to figure out, and while the new map tool is handy, it's also not very forgiving.

Last edited:

Faraque

First Post
OOC: It's not you chief. Just frustrated with self. Got used to DM dealing with most things hp related, and having the enemies attacks known so things can be planned and they were completely different this round, so I frustrated myself. Then, I find out everything I wanted to do was invalidated by one small thing I missed. I can't move to the Beast Lord, I had to move to flank the frog. My turn ends at killing the frog.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases