The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Faraque

First Post
GM: Appease the Crowd's bonus applies...(snip)

OOC: Didn't realize until now that you could add successive rolls to a post. I understand now, and it won't be an issue in future rolls.

GM: Please roll the monster's OAs against you.

OOC: Done.

GM: It may not seem like it takes much time for me to find and look up the power on your sheet, but it all adds up. Thanks in advance.

OOC: I understand, when you're dealing with 5 unfamiliar characters in one single adventure, much less the 2+ you are running, it's rough to keep up. Now that I know these things, I'll be more verbose in my ooc stuff.

Medina

Explorer
Corragan stumbles back as the black bolt strikes him, rendering him blind.

OOC: Shift to I12, Wild Step letting me shift in difficult terrain

Hearing the goblin's challenge, he summons a whirl of horde of small critters to grab and strike down at the goblins, hearing roughly where they are in the city even though he can't see them.

OOC: Grasping Tide, targeting the shield-bearer that marked me in G12 and also striking the and the assaulter in F11

[sblock="Stats"]Corragan - Elf Druid (Unaligned) Level 1
Initiative +3
Passive Insight 15; Passive Perception 22; Senses Low-Light

HP 28 Bloodied 14 Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 7

AC 16 Fortitude 11 Reflex 14 Will 16
Speed 8; Size Medium
Str 13 (+1), Dex 16 (+3), Wis 20 (+5)
Con 11 (+0), Int 10 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

AP: 1, Second Wind: Unused

Powers:
Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray - USED, Elven Accuracy - USED
Summon Giant Toad

HP Remaining 12/28
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: WEContact, given the current state of the board I have another idea for out turns.

Dina
Minor: Heal Corragan
Move: Get Adjacent to you. (will provoke OA)
Standard: Magic Weapon the minion in I9.
AP: Ready for Ignatz to end his turn.

Ignatz
Standard: Attack minion in K7.
On a hit swift charge to F11, attack minion in
On a miss move to G9.

Dina
Readied action triggers uses Provocative Order to have Ignatz charge sorcerer at F16.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Medina, you forgot to roll Grasping Tide to see whether you hit. If you haven't rolled yet, though, I recommend using Thorn Spray instead and targeting G12 and F16. If you do, you will likely save someone from being blinded next round. Nevermind!

Meepo: I want to be able to get next to the sorcerer with my standard and AP unspent so that I can possibly drop the target this round. Medina missed the Shieldbearer at G12, so you can Provocative Order me to charge him, then I can Swift Charge the Sorc, then drop Desperate Fury and Thunder Hooves Rage for the likely kill.

Course, it may be more important for me to try and kill L11 and I9 this round...

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Meepo: I want to be able to get next to the sorcerer with my standard and AP unspent so that I can possibly drop the target this round. Medina missed the Shieldbearer at G12, so you can Provocative Order me to charge him, then I can Swift Charge the Sorc, then drop Desperate Fury and Thunder Hooves Rage for the likely kill.

OOC: You know what I realized that my plan won't work if I ready to grant you an attack after you move, you won't be able to swift charge because you can only take 1 free action attack each turn. So I think I'm going to magic weapon, AP and then provocative order you to attack the shieldbearer. It will put you in charge range of the sorcerer and I think if you drop him in one turn, you will be in charge range of the other minion assuming you can make it back over the wall. Not optimal damage effectiveness, but we don't want to lose 3-4 districts in round 1.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Actually I had an idea. With a long jump[/] I can easily clear enough difficult terrain to make it to N11 on a charge. I don't even need to jump, since as a Half-orc I get +2 speed on charges. I'll kill that Sorcerer (hopefully with your Provocative Order), then Swift Charge back to the city to kill the minion at L11. If I have a Move action left I'll get adjacent to K7 so that his climb check will provoke an OA from me.

Oh, and readying your AP to go off after I end my turn may be a good idea. I'm hoping that this Doom Cloud may dissipate when I kill the Sorcerer, and we don't want your MW target to survive and claim a district.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: True, but you need an athletics check DC 15 to get back into the city from the outside, I wasn't sure how easily you could make that. Still, it's probably a good idea as that sorcerer is the last one on that district outside the wall, so we might be able to prevent them from taking it.

Will you be using Furious assault if the charge hits the sorcerer?

EDIT: Remember, you can't use swift charge after provocative order because you will have already taken your 1 free action attack for my turn.

EDIT: But you can move back into the city, attacking one minion on your turn and maybe swift charge the other minion.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Will you be using Furious assault if the charge hits the sorcerer?

EDIT: Remember, you can't use swift charge after provocative order because you will have already taken your 1 free action attack for my turn.

EDIT: But you can move back into the city, attacking one minion on your turn and maybe swift charge the other minion.
OOC: Yes, I'll use Furious Assault on the PO. Swift Charge is a free action power that grants an attack with no specified action cost, which by RAW means the attack is No Action. I would not, however, be able to use Rampage if I crit on the PO charge. I have +8 Athletics and I will probably be able to get back into the city.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina spent several moments calculating her strategy. There was little room for error in her plan, but it may be the one shot they have.

She tossed her healing infusion at the druid before moving away from the goblin whose parting strike narrowly misses the deva. She tosses her javelin back at the creature, impaling it through the heart.

She then orders Ignatz to attack the sorcerer, but in his haste to get over the wall, lands his weapon short of the goblin.

[sblock=actions]Minor: Curative Admixture on Corragan, Corragan heals surge value +3 hit points.
Move: K8
Assaulter OA vs Dina (1d20+6=16)
Standard: Magic Weapon vs Assaulter (I9) (1d20+6=22) HIT (Assaulter I9 dies and Ignatz and Sha'kar gain a +1 power bonus to attack and a +3 power bonus to damage until the end of Dina's next turn.
Free: Change to two-hand grip on longspear.
Action Point: Ignatz charges to N11. Provocative Order - Ignatz Howling Strike vs Sorcerer (O11). (includes Furious Assault) (1d20+8=13, 6d6.minroll(2)+1d6+7=32)[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina]Status:

Dina - Level 1 Artificer|Warlord
Init: +2 Speed: 6
Passive Perception: 13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 17 Fort 11 Ref 15 Will 15
HP: 18/24 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 0
Languages: Allarian, Draconic, Eladrin
Str:10 Dex:10 Wis:17 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Powers:
Commander's Strike
Magic Weapon

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes []
Healing Infusion [x]
Inspiring Word []
Use Vulnerability []
Provocative Order [x]
Second Wind[]

Punishing Eye[][/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: I accidentally rolled twice for one attack- can I use the second d20 roll on a later attack, or is that 18 wasted?

Damn, Provocative would have been just enough damage for a kill! Oh well, at least Furious Assault is triggered on a hit and thus is not expended.

Dina is Ignatz's new best friend. He launches himself at the goblin sorcerer with her magics swirling around the business end of his gouge, and though the creature avoids his initial attack, Ignatz is just warming up.

"Hyu iz lucky," he growls to the goblin, "Hyu'z not goink to see vhat Ignatz vill do to hyu friends!" This last he has to shout- lightning has begun to arc noisily across the half-orc's feet, arms, and weapon. Ignatz winds up and swings with uncanny speed, severing an arm and most of a hip. The goblin manages to stay standing for a moment, and as he gathers air to scream from the pain, Ignatz comes around for a second blow, cleaving what's left of the goblin into messy halves.

Ignatz lets loose a tremendous roar that ends in laughter as he vaults over the wall at his back. His thinking has taken on a feral minimalism, and he rushes the first target he sees. The second goblin raises a shield, but Ignatz's heavy crescent blade tears through it the same is it tears through the flesh and bone behind it.

Ignatz is slowing down a little now- his bloodlust is partially sated, and he has the presence of mind to notice a goblin that's still attempting to enter the city. He waits for it, still grinning, now reeking of gore and ozone. The electricity dancing across his skin casts macabre shadows across his face.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Thunder Hooves Rage HIT Sorcerer 2 AC 17 for 30 damage
Free: Furious Assault adds 3 more damage, leaving Sorcerer 2 with 1 hp, which makes Ignatz sad, but at least he's raging now
Spend AP: Desperate Fury MISSES Sorcerer 2 AC 14
No Action: DF lets Ignatz takes 5 damage to re-roll, Desperate Fury HITS Sorcerer 2 AC 20, killing it and netting Ignatz 2 temp hp thanks to Rageblood Vigor
Free: Swift Charge
No Action: Howling Strike (rolled 16 Athletics to scale wall) HITS Shieldbearer 5 AC 27, killing it
Move: Walk to K8[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]
Ignatz Jägerkin http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Ignatz_Jägerkin_(WEContact)- Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 25/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2

Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads