The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

WEContact

First Post
OOC: My turn included an attempt to jump over the wall. I did the math wrong and thought a 25 was a failure, but since it was a success, the rest of the turn never happened.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: Ignatz made the jump on the first roll then. I'll probably update tomorrow. I'm tired and ENWorld is taking FOREVER to do anything for me.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Leaves me as the only one to not get out :(. I updated my post with rolls for the shark attack against me, so I'm now injured and grabbed. Any help would be appreciated :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Three: A Simple Arena Duel?, Round 5

The crowd cheers as almost everyone makes it over, then hush to watch Sha'kar struggle with the Octo-sharks.

GM: Map is here.

[sblock=Terrain]Outlined areas are places where terrain is "incoming". It's been fired into the air and will land there at the end of the round. Any creature under it when it lands takes 1d10+3 damage, is pushed out of the terrain's area, and knocked prone.

Each round the outer perimeter of the arena will collapse. The blue area is water and is 4 squares below the main arena floor. Falling deals no damage, but any creature that enters or starts its turn in the water takes an attack: +7 vs AC, 1d10+5 damage and grabbed(escape DC18).

The terrain is 1 square tall and DC15 Athletics to climb. The dark terrain is floating in the water. Moving on dark terrain requires a DC15 Acrobatics check or fall into the water adjacent to the terrain, though anyone crossing it gets +5 to their check if they move at 1/2 speed.

The outer walls of the arena are DC15 Athletics to climb and are 4 squares above the water.[/sblock]

[sblock=Orbs!]Picking up Orbs: It takes a minor action while adjacent to an orb to pick it up. Once picked up, it hovers above the character's head (no free hand needed). Each creature can carry only 1 orb at a time.

Dropping Orbs: Orbs can be dropped as a free action. Every time a creature with an orb takes damage, it must make a saving throw or the orb is dropped in its square.

Green Orb: The team gains regen 2 while any team member has the orb and healing powers heal +2 hp.

Red Orb: The team deals +1d4 fire damage on any attack and has resist 5 fire while any team member has the orb.

Yellow Orb: The team gains a "static wall" property while any team member has the orb. Any enemy that hits a member of the team with an attack takes 1d4 lightning damage.

Blue Orb: The team gains +1 to all defenses and DR1 while any team member has the orb.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appease the Crowd]*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Athletics: 17
Arcana: 19
Endurance: 17
Heal: 17
History: 17
Perception: 17
Religion: 17
Others: 15[/sblock]

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Can I throw a rope over the edge to Sha'kar? What kind of action/check would it be to haul him up once he has hold of the rope? I'm guessing like Standard action? Maybe it would just give him a bonus to his climb check?

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Someone also needs to clear the sharks out of the square, otherwise I've gotta make a DC18 to get outta the grab...How I wish I had my hybrid monk/assassin (character in one of my IRL games) instead of my artificer atm, I coulda just shadow stepped across the gap...

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION], you can attack the sharks yourselves and clear the square if you hit, ending the grab, and then you can use your Move action to attempt to climb. If I can throw you a rope, then the climb DC will only be 10, and I might be able to give you bonuses by helping to pull you up.

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION], you can attack the sharks yourselves and clear the square if you hit, ending the grab, and then you can use your Move action to attempt to climb. If I can throw you a rope, then the climb DC will only be 10, and I might be able to give you bonuses by helping to pull you up.

OOC: That's true. Id still rather someone else came and cleared the square if possible, if I do it myself I take an attack at the beginning of my turn, and if I miss then I can't do anything until next turn. If someone else clears it then I have two chances to try to climb out in case I fail my first one.

Medina

Explorer
In an attempt to help Sha'kar escape the arena, Corragan summons his fire hawk from his vantage point on the wall, and calls on it to chase the sharks away. He then takes his rope and lowers it for Sha'kar to climb, bracing as best he can.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Fire Hawk vs Octoshaks in A6
Move: Lower a rope to A6 for Sha'kar to climb[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: @Iron Sky , I'd still like a word from you on whether or not I can just pull Sha'kar over the wall with a rope, or whether he'd still have to climb but at a lower DC if I was pulling up, or what kind of check I'd have to make, or what. I'm not sure what the rules are here.

@VanderLegion don't forget your Regen 2, your resist 1 all, and your +1 to all defenses.

Ignatz stands next to Corragan and chuckles. "Dot's de right idea, yez, but mebbe hyu should let Ignatz make vit de heaffy liftingk. Hyu iz a skinny leedle elf man, and hy gotz de gonz." Ignatz flexes demonstratively, and all sorts of tendons wiggle and veins bulge. He takes hold of the rope and hollers, "Hey meester vit de crossbow! Ignatz is gonna pull hyu op outta dere! Vhen hyu gots a goot grib on diz rope, let me know vit a goot yank!"

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->adjacent to Corragan
Minor: ->take rope
Standard: Ready Aid Another to help Sha'kar climb by pulling him up, Success 16, Sha'kar gets +4 bonus to next Athletics roll to climb
Trigger: Sha'kar indicates that he's got hold of the rope.

Rolls pending DM adjucation
[/sblock]
[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 1
Status: Regen 2, Wolfen, Icebound Sigil, Resist 1 all, +1 all defenses
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 17, Passive Insight: 11
AC:17 Fort:16 Ref:14 Will:11
HP: 22/30 Bloodied: 15 Surge value: 7 Surges/day: 4/10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs AC, 2d6+4 brutal 1 (Claw: +7, 1d8+4)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads