The Kolloseaum: Team Go Hard or Go Home (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: I see your logic and counter you with physics. The place where I climbed up on the debris was on the platform as well as in the water. So... i still think I climbed up, lol. Your decision?

GM: I see I forgot to mention the blocks of terrain falling into the water as the arena collapsed. So, the dark ones that were up top fell down into the water and are entirely at water level, breaking through the scaffolding underneath them a bit.

I had meant to post that in the "fluff" when I was running the round, but clearly I forgot to. Now you know.

Feel free to revise your turn with the clarified info should you desire a different course of actions.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Not to thrilled about this twist as the only options presented involve rolling fairly difficult checks against skills that Dina is not at all good at (+0 Acrobatics and Athletics)

A few questions:

1. Is there any way to defeat/disable the sharks?
2. Are there any other ways to escape the grab other than insanely hard (for Dina) Athletics/Acrobatics checks?
3. Is the platform and the top of the arena wall at the same elevation?
4. Is appeasing the crowd still an option? (It wasn't listed with the last round's update.)
5. Does there appear to be any way to disable to collapsing platform so that it doesn't shrink anymore.
6. Do I have a shot at the #*$%&$* announcer?

Seems like my best option might be to take a running leap over the 15' gap and escape that way. Not really looking forward to my character living or dying likely coming down to a single skill check.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: As soon as I make an escape check and spend a round climbing, I can lower a rope, [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], and then the Climb DC will be 5.

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Actually, rope is DC 10. If you set it up in the corner where climbers can use 2 walls to brace themselves, then they would get +5 to their Athletics check.

The thing is I either try to jump across this round or I lose another 5 feet and the jump becomes pretty much impossible.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: I'm holding off on posting Corragan's turn until I get home from work and can check the rules to work out what I'm doing (probably following Ignatz and trying the same leap, but I'm not sure quite what rolls I need to make at what DC)... but if I can I'll try and get Corragan across this turn and lower a rope, which might help Dina

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: The problem with that is that Dina still has to get to the rope which as far as I can see involves her either jumping into the water (and getting attacked by the sharks) or jumping down onto the land (taking falling damage and having to make a difficult Acrobatics check in order to avoid falling into the water and being attacked by sharks).

Did I mention that if I get hit by a shark, I'll be low on hp and subject to an attack before I even get a chance to escape. Not only that, I have only a 15% chance to escape if I get grabbed.

It looks like jumping the gap would get me out of the arena with only one Athletics checks rather than a series of them where I would have to be extremely lucky to make them ll before I got killed.

Medina

Explorer
OOC: We could try something unconventional and have Ignatz or Corragan throw you a rope, Dina tieing it around her waist and we pull her out? I'm not sure if there are rules to cover that sort of thing.

Maybe I can convince my toad to hold one end of a rope (in his mouth I guess) while I make a leap and he can just sit in the arena while you pull yourself along escape and then I dismiss the toad?

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: I'm in the same situation as Dina, I have 0 athletics and 0 acrobatics. I'm currently thinking about trying to get down onto the debris this turn, but getting across it and up the wall next turn...aren't gonna be easy checks, even with the +5 for half speed on the debris. (though that'll help at least...

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Actually, rope is DC 10. If you set it up in the corner where climbers can use 2 walls to brace themselves, then they would get +5 to their Athletics check.

The thing is I either try to jump across this round or I lose another 5 feet and the jump becomes pretty much impossible.
OOC: Toss me a rope. I'll climb up and then pull you up. My carrying capacity is like 360 lbs encumbered.

Medina

Explorer
Corragan looks around the arena and considers his options quickly. He lifts his head, standing back on two feet as his body shifts back into his elven form, and he takes a couple of steps back, before running towards the edge of the remaining terrain, leaping across the water and just clears the water to land at the arena wall.

Turning, he sees some of his companions looking dispairingly at the water. Corragan hurridly knots one end of a rope to throw out to them to help them get across.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Wild Shape back to elven form. Shift to F5
Move: Move to D5 and attempt to leap over the water (DC 15 Athletics to clear 3 squares with a running start, aiming left of A5)
Standard: Throw a rope out to Dina[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads