Pre-proposal: Overhaul the character approval system

Pentius

First Post
I would definitely vote for this. Anything that makes character approval easier on the judges(and this sounds like it'd be easier all around).

GROMkill

First Post
I dig this idea! I'm not 100% sure how the current review process happens, but this new process would definitely make it a lot more fluid and not be such a pain on the judges.

WEContact

First Post
Since the current problem is too many people seeking Judge approval considering the current number of Judges, I'm assuming that when you change the system to require Senior Reviewer approval instead of Judge approval, that all Judges will be Senior Reviewers AND there will be a number of Senior Reviewers added who are not Judges. Is this accurate?

covaithe

Explorer
I'm assuming that when you change the system to require Senior Reviewer approval instead of Judge approval, that all Judges will be Senior Reviewers AND there will be a number of Senior Reviewers added who are not Judges. Is this accurate?

Yes. I suppose I didn't make that explicit, but I certainly intended that all judges be senior reviewers, and that there be a bunch more SRs besides. My thought is that it should be fairly easy to become a SR; like, if you have done, I don't know, five or ten "junior" reviews or so, and done a good job on them (i.e. the senior reviewer didn't find any serious problems that you missed), then you can be a SR.

I haven't really thought that through in detail, though, which is why I just put it down that judges can do what they want as far as making SRs. I dunno; do you think we need to codify how SRs get made?

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Hey everybody,

As someone who used to review a lot, but is hardly doing anything but playing right now (buy my book, early next year!), this sounds like a great idea. Anything to spread the burden a bit.

I would also like to highlight SonOfMeepo's practice of reviewing PCs once your in a party. This is a pretty simple way we can all kickstart thing, which is less daunting then regularly reviewing characters. I might even take this a step further and say when your character hits the inn, since you're not actively keeping track of an adventure, this might be a perfect time to look at the sheets of your fellow inn-mates.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Yes, we all have different commitments now don't we? :D I only meant that at the point of your characters becomes inactive, you theoretically have slightly more spare time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases