Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Beginner Unboxing

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
By Erik Mona:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KPv80QsBfI]Pathfinder RPG Beginner Box Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Looks cool. Even all the materials used look really excellent quality. I was kind of on the fence on whether I'd get it, but I am now.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
The video is cool (too bad about the lack of Erik's head, though) and the product looks even cooler. Let's hope that it will maintain what it promises. A good, re-playable beginner's set is sorely needed in today RPG market, IMHO.

(too bad about the lack of Erik's head, though

I hope he recovers it soon. I'd hate for the release of the Beginner Box to be linked to such a tragedy.

In all seriousness, though. The Beginner box looks very cool. I don't see much of a need for one for myself, but if I can think of any gamers-to-be, I'll certainly keep this product in mind.

Also, it looks like it'll be going at a pretty low price point. I wonder if they might be looking at it as a loss leader.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Oh, it's just Erik. He's got a removable head, you know. Latest fashion. While he's doing promos the head is watching tv and phoning the talking in.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I hope he recovers it soon. I'd hate for the release of the Beginner Box to be linked to such a tragedy.

In all seriousness, though. The Beginner box looks very cool. I don't see much of a need for one for myself, but if I can think of any gamers-to-be, I'll certainly keep this product in mind.

Also, it looks like it'll be going at a pretty low price point. I wonder if they might be looking at it as a loss leader.

Oh, I don't need it, but maybe my nephews do, so I'm glad it exists as I'm sure I'll be buying it for them. And not knowing whether it will rejuvenate the RPG industry - whether Paizo is obscure to the wider world or not, I hope it does bring new blood into the game - one can only hope.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
Epic
Neat. It's been so long since I've GMed a complex game like Pathfinder, I might pick this up to give myself a nice refresher.

paradox42

First Post
Yeah, I'm seriously considering picking this up several years in advance of my baby nephew getting old enough for it to matter- I'm still on the fence purely because of the long lead time (I'm not even sure, after all, that he'll like fantasy enough to make RPGs a likely interest). He's 3 now, turning 4 in May. Extremely smart though; I think he'll be capable of playing something by about 6 or 7 if I can engage his interest.

Thanks for posting the video!

IronWolf

blank
The unboxing video was great. Really looking forward to this product.

I've been playing here and there with IronPup for the past two years, started him when he was about six. This set though looks to be what I can hand over to him and let him read and really start to grasp the rules beyond how I explain them to him.

JeffB

Legend
This looks phenomenal, and like a really great value.

I hope my pre-order (Amazon)arrives in time for my boy's B-day at the end of the month. I don't think I can til XMas for him to open it :D

IronWolf

blank
I hope my pre-order (Amazon)arrives in time for my boy's B-day at the end of the month. I don't think I can til XMas for him to open it :D

I'm in a similar boat! IronPup's birthday is in December along with Christmas. I don't think I can wait to give it to him until then though! Cause I want to open it and play with it!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases