Dungeon Survival Handbook

Dice4Hire

First Post
Yeah, I bought it in college...

Umm, not THAT ... DSH.

I am looking forward to this one, but I have not heard anything concrete about it yet.

Yeah, zilch basically, lol. I wonder what the aim of this product is? The old 1e DSG and WSG were filled with skill system rules, some added equipment, and a bunch of world building resources for the DM. 4e already has the skill stuff covered, MME has hit equipment pretty well, though I suppose there is always room for more. There could always be more updated and polished encounter elements like traps and terrain and terrain powers and etc for the DM.

Just doesn't seem like there is quite the level of need that there was for say the WSG in particular in 1e where mechanics were rather lacking for a lot of stuff, etc. I guess we'll find out eventually.

Zaran

Adventurer
Seriously though knowing WotC it will have stuff for players (a new race, new subclass) and stuff for gm. I can see it as a replacement for all the stuff the dmk didn't have.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Interesting.

Since it is called a "Survival Handbook" I wonder if it won't be completely player-focused and similar to the Player's Strategy Guide. I sure hope not.

the Jester

Legend
I just hope it's not another "Here are spoilers for all the great old adventures your dm might ever want to use!" kind of book, like the 3e version.

Remove ads