Dockside Diversion (level 1-2)


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Dockside Diversion (level 1-2)

    Start Date: Oct 12, 2011
    DM: GlassEye

    Players:
    Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin) - Magus
    -Starting XP: 0
    Marcus Cole (Artur Hawkwing) - Ranger
    -Starting XP: 0
    Ehdge (Ehdge) - Fighter
    -Starting XP: 0
    Darius Thran & Zaphyn (toasterferret) - Summoner
    -Starting XP: 1300
    Kazanto (InVinoVeritas) - Flame Oracle
    -Starting XP: 2635

    I'll try to keep this moving pretty quickly since sunshadow21's adventure has been approved and is ready to recruit. I'll roll initiative for this so we can get right to it. I'll use average initiative and if someone from the losing side beats every initiative from the winning side they will get a standard action (consider it the surprise round). On party initiative you can post in any order.
    Last edited by GlassEye; Thursday, 13th October, 2011 at 05:31 AM.

 

  • #2
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Fae'Shiel and Marcus are the first to push out of the Dunn Wright Inn and into the street past the Landward Door. The main docks are some distance down from the inn but the crowds here moving away from the docks are thick and buffet the two about as they stand and, maybe, attempt to move against the fleeing mob. Beyond and over the heads of those fleeing they can see what appears to be a cluster of embers that jutter erratically.

    This odd spray of embers seems to be what everyone is fleeing. FaeShiel takes an elbow to the stomach as a frightened sailer pushes past. Another man clutches his arm as blood pours from a wound in his shoulder.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Artur Hawkwing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northwest of DC
    Posts
    990
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Artur Hawkwing
    My communities:

    Marcus' good natured smile disappears once he gets outside and sees the chaos. He glances up and down the pathway, watching the passing throng, his eyes lingering on the wounded man as he makes his way by, jostled this way and that regardless of his injury.

    Bloody Hell?

    He looks back up toward the docks, the embers not really giving him much indication of what is going on. He mumbles a very human profanity and leans back, pulling his hammer from his back and, holding it upright before him, begins weaving his way toward the spray slowly, trying his best to dodge through the throng against which he struggles.
    I fight beneath this flag against the Darkness. Pay no attention to the cost in land and lives, this war must be won by the light!

    Living Pathfinder: Canasta Emeraldas, Human Bard Level 1

    Retired LPF: Audra Frost, Human Monk, Level 6 | Marcus Cole, Half-Elf Ranger 3/Wizard (Admixture Evocation) 1

  • #4
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    InVinoVeritas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Glen Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    3,080
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore InVinoVeritas
    My communities:

    The slithering mermaid Kazanto emerges to witness the chaos unfold. At the sight of the embers, her eyes and mouth begin to glow, with the sound of something from beyond inhabiting her.

    She points toward the embers and calls out, "熱烈な残り火"
    Living Pathfinder Judge! What's Living Pathfinder? Check it out here! Join the fun here!

  • #5
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    toasterferret's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    545
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore toasterferret
    My communities:

    Darius and Zaphyn rush through the crowd, most people veering out of Zaphyn's path as soon as they see him. Darius unslings his crossbow as he makes his way through the crowd, looking for the source of the disturbance.

  • #6
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    The odd and frightening presences of Kazanto and Zaphyn clear the crowds pretty quickly and the two, followed quickly by Darius and Ehdge, quickly catch up to the elf Fae'Shiel and the half-elf Marcus.

    As the six move farther down towards the docks they see the 'embers' are much more distant than they first thought. As they clatter (and slither) down the now cleared docks they come to realize that the 'embers' are the glowing glands of a large number of dog-sized beetles that have split off into several agitated groups that fly erratically.

    Looking around they discover that they are at the end of a small dock, now cleared of dockside workers, but with a group of beetles scattered along its length. The beetles fly about in odd zig-zag patterns, land briefly, and take to the air again.

    OOC: Combat: Round One

    Combat Info

    Note: there is no actual 'surpise' (i.e. no flatfooted AC) since both sides are combat ready but Kazanto and Darius find themselves more ready to act than the others upon arrival.

    Initiative
    Kazanto & Darius
    Beetles
    Entire Party (including Kazanto & Darius again)



    Enemy Status
    Beetle 1
    Beetle 2
    Beetle 3
    Beetle 4
    Beetle 5
    Beetle 6
    Beetle 7
    Beetle 8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1Dockside1.jpg  
    Last edited by GlassEye; Thursday, 13th October, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    InVinoVeritas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Glen Ridge, NJ
    Posts
    3,080
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore InVinoVeritas
    My communities:

    Kazanto advances, a dark, gravelly voice commanding, "火災甲虫".

    The other people feel an odd sensation, as if their veins are shot through with fire, adding an advanced vigor to their actions.

    OOC: Move to M4, cast Bless.
    Living Pathfinder Judge! What's Living Pathfinder? Check it out here! Join the fun here!

  • #8
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    toasterferret's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    545
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore toasterferret
    My communities:

    Stepping out from behind Zaphyn (M4), Darius levels his crossbow at the nearest beetle. (J6)

    The string twangs as he sends the quarrel flying across the docks!


    1d20+6=20

    1d10=7

  • #9
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Kazanto steps forward casting her spell in her strange, unknown language.

    Darius, fully intent on the beetles, nearly trips over Kazanto's tail and is forced to step a bit farther than intended. His attack, however, goes off perfectly and the bolt cracks through the beetle's shell sending it spinning off to plop into the waters of the bay.

    Now thoroughly agitated the beetles rise up into the air on buzzing wings...

    The first beetle to approach the group (#2) flies erratically to hover near the front row. The glowing gland on its abdomen glows, then strobes with a flash of light that sears the eyes.

    Two other beetles fly close. One snaps nastily-serrated pinchers at Marcus but its erratic flight causes it to miss. The other bites at Fae'Shiel but also misses.

    OOC: Combat: Round One

    Combat Info

    Please take note of other character's actions, particularly movement! Only one character per square...

    Initiative
    Beetles
    Party

    Party Status
    Fae'shiel: 10/10 hp remaining
    Marcus: 12/12 hp remaining
    Ehdge:
    Darius:
    Zaphyn:
    Kazanto:

    Spells Cast: Bless (Kazanto)
    Conditions: Bless (Party)

    Enemy Status
    Beetle 1
    *Beetle 2
    Beetle 3: 7 dmg. Unconscious and dying
    Beetle 4
    Beetle 5
    Beetle 6
    *Beetle 7
    Beetle 8
    GM: Marcus, Fae'Shiel, Kazanto & Darius need to make a Fort save DC 12 or be dazzled for 1d3 rounds. Then,
    Everyone is up for Round One
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails L1Dockside1a.jpg  
    Last edited by GlassEye; Thursday, 13th October, 2011 at 09:45 PM.

  • #10
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    My communities:

    Fae'shiel swings at the Beetle that had attacked her with a deadly calm. And with her other hand she casts a spell meant to hinder the Beetles ability to fight effectively. Unfortunately Fae'shiel's attack misses wildly.

    OOC: Using Spell Combat in order to be able to both attack and cast a spell this round. Spell being cast is Color Spray on the same beetle that Fae'shiel is attacking. Will DC to negate Color Spray is 14.


    Mini Stats
    Fae'shiel Aeros (DalkonCledwin)
    Initiative: +9
    Armor Class: 17 (14 Flat-footed, 13 Touch)
    Hit Points: 10 // Current: 10
    CMB: +2 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +3 Will: +2

    Current Weapon: M.W. Longsword +3 (1d8+2), CRIT: 19-20/x2

    Spells Per Day: Can memorize 3 Cantrips each day, but cast them any number of times per day.
    2/2 First Level Spells Remaining
    Cantrips Memorized: Ray of Frost, Detect Magic, Flare
    First Level Spells: True Strike, Color Spray
    Last edited by DalkonCledwin; Thursday, 13th October, 2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Dockside Diversion/Still Waters
      By GlassEye in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 435
      Last Post: Sunday, 4th March, 2012, 09:01 PM
    2. Forked Thread: Drunkeness IRL: Is it a diversion for you or a need?
      By megamania in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th September, 2008, 11:35 AM
    3. Drunkeness IRL: Is it a diversion for you or a need?
      By frankthedm in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 50
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th September, 2008, 11:34 AM
    4. Looking for a dockside map
      By RichGreen in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Sunday, 22nd June, 2008, 09:33 AM
    5. Replies: 6
      Last Post: Sunday, 21st April, 2002, 09:25 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •