Maps of an Uncharted World

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
This passage way comes off the main trade route that runs along the Lake of Spires, in my world I have it as an old dragon lair that has become submerged over time. I am not sure if I am going to put the dragon in undead state existing in the water or perhaps some underwater monsters that feed off those that use the shore line as a resting location.

Check out Maps of an Uncharted World to download full versions of the maps.

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-12-version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-12-version-1-small.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 392

Vascant

This map panel is the 2nd of 4 maps that covers the small reservoir, the small path leading downward will eventually comes to a maze. This entire section is hidden and not seen visitors for a long time so DM's can have some fun with this whole area. Only about 2 more map panels and then I can start working on Campaign Map #2. If you are using the 3.5e rules, you can use NPC Designer - 3.5e NPC Generator to easily populate the entire map in a matter of minutes. (It's free)

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-13-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-13-Version-1-small.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 343

Vascant

This is our 3rd stop around the small reservoir with the release of map panel #14. There are a few larger chambers down at this depth of the map that can be used for a great many things and the lone passage way leads to a long forgotten maze. These chambers can be used by some creatures as a place in secret away from the normal passages or something hidden and ancient that lurks within.

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-14-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-14-Version-1-small.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 282

Vascant

I put together Campaign Map #2 and decided to check out what CM #1 and #2 look like when put together.

Attachments

• Underground Campaign Map 2.jpg
    Underground Campaign Map 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 684
  • CM 1_2.jpg
    CM 1_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4,144

Vascant

This map panel is the end of the 4 parts mapping out the small reservoir and also reveals the end of the long winding passage which leads to a maze. The more I map it seems the more ideas that keep firing off in my mind of what could exist in a vast area such as this.

This is also a good moment I think to give NPC Designer - 3.5 NPC Generator a test run if you have been shy about it. Just take a moment and see what kind of minotaur you can create to hunt in the maze.

All links are in the signature below.

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-15-version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-15-version-1-small.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 342

Vascant

While I have not been posting in the thread does not mean work stalled, no weeks have been missed and new maps released right on schedule. On that note, this is the 20th panel to be released.

Also next weeek will be releasing Dungeon Tiles of the same personality and flavor of the Lake of Spires maps, they will be released in 10 images per set and free for download.

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-20-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-20-Version-1-small.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-19-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-19-Version-1-small.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 484
  • Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-18-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-18-Version-1-small.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 505
  • Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-17-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-17-Version-1-small.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 350
  • Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-16-version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-complex-16-version-1-small.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 339

Vascant

Just have one more map panel to do and will be releasing Campaign Map #3, the next CM will probably head south and cover completing the shaft. Then there is a large section above this map that is small community existing on the water living in several spires.

Attachments

• Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-21-Version-1-small.jpg
    Base-Underdark-(12x16)-Complex-21-Version-1-small.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 309

Janx

Hero
nice maps.

Question: isn't a map of an uncharted world an oxymoron?

a map is a chart. To be uncharted, is to be unmapped.

Once you map it, it is no longer uncharted.

Vascant

nice maps.

Question: isn't a map of an uncharted world an oxymoron?

a map is a chart. To be uncharted, is to be unmapped.

Once you map it, it is no longer uncharted.
Depends on if you limit the meaning of uncharted to just maps, also can be used to describe something that has not been investigated as well. Further, just because 1 person has a map does not mean everyone knows whats on the map. So for players it can still be uncharted ;)

The basic idea for me is simple, I want to run an underdark campaign and felt it was better served with a vast underdark map rather then just bouncing players from one dungeon to the next with minimal flavor in between.

Vascant

I needed to catch up the campaign map to the current map panel, even though map panel #22 is released I have finished up to map panel #25 so it shows a few panels you can't download yet. I like to be a few weeks ahead of schedule so allows room for when things take up real life unexpectedly.

I am still figuring out which direction I will be moving, either north to the small community that lives in the spires above the lake or southeast to the drow city.

You can download full versions of all the maps on the site but be warned, the full campaign map is 18 inches by 24 inches.

Attachments

• cm_complete_small.jpg
    cm_complete_small.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 2,791

Remove ads