'Origin' of Your User Name

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
I would have used Imhotep on its own, but it wouldn't take. Imhotep the Egyptian was the builder of the Step Pyramid, one of the first to study medicine, and other science. Later worshipped as a god, even by the Greeks and Romans. Given a bad name this century and last as a shambling, rag wrapped, bad guy. Imhotep was one of the first recorded scientists and architects. I assume he was wise. I hope to honor him in this tag.

"To speak his name is to make him live again!" - Egyptian proverb

Voadam

Legend
Voadam is a character I played shortly after the Complete Fighter's Handbook came out, he was a human viking elite merc with the myrmidon kit and stats good enough to switch to mage. I played him for years, moved to Wisconsin and played him in a 1e/2e homebrew campaign where he went to epic levels as a switch class character. He also showed up as an NPC hunter in a VtM campaign I played in. I'm getting to play him again in 3e in a game that starts up in a couple of weeks (his stats, items, and levels have been trashed by undead but he still fights on).

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
I can't imagine anyone has actually been wondering, but I'll satiate my ego by going ahead and posting. :)

Marius Delphus is one of my many NPCs: in 3E terms he's an epic cleric of Vulcan. (In Marius's world, Vulcan is actually the "Roman" pantheon's chief deity; as an aside, all the deities of this particular pantheon have both no alignment and every alignment....) Marius got created in the late 80s to fill in the party roster after an epic-level near-TPK (H4), and he's been around (somewhere or other) ever since.

Ashy

First Post
Apok said:
The Apok is an O.C.C (Occupational Character Class) from the Rifts RPG. No, it has absolutely nothing to do with that guy from the first Matrix movie. ;)

Yea, I ran an Apok named Deacon once... Very cool stuff.... :) Wormwood rocks! ;)

Tom Cashel

First Post
Angelsboi said:
My Mammaw and Pappaw...

Hey! I've got a Mamaw too! She's from Tennessee.

But...

My username comes from James Joyce's Ulysses...the esteemed Thomas Cashel Fitzmaurice O'Boyle O'Flynn.

K.M.R.I.A.

Cheers,
Tom

der_kluge

Adventurer
We actually have had this thread before, but what goes around, comes around, I suppose.

Mine is complicated. It's German for "The Clever", or so I thought, until a German exchange student told me that the "die" is feminine and "der" would be the masculine, so it actually means "clever woman", which makes sense, since it is the name of a rather obscure German opera by composer Carl Orff (Carmina Burana), whose long title is "The King and the Clever woman".

The name itself was the product of an hour long search one night to try to find a unique hotmail name - something I didn't have to add numbers to.

I'm thinking of changing it, though, since the thought of being a "clever woman" kind of depresses me. Since I'm a guy and all...

Remove ads