'Origin' of Your User Name

NiTessine

Explorer
Long ago, back in the days when the computer game Baldur's Gate came out, I named my first character Giralian NiTessine, borrowing the name of an elven noble family featured in Elaine Cunningham's Forgotten Realms novel Elfshadow. Then, a while later, I started going to Interplay's BG board, the Backroom, using the name NiTessine. It stuck.

Skade

Explorer
Skade is a character from my Einherar campaign, named for the norse goddess Skadi (really a frost giant). In the campaign she was a snowly skinned woman who owed her loyalty to the character's jarl. The reasons for this were left a mystery, as she was not of the kindred, and seemed to revel in the outcast place she held among the tribe. It later came to light that she was the daughter of a Frost Giant, who would eventually become their greatest adversary) and a cruel druid of a primal, haunted wood, called Thangodrun. Her harsh upbringing, and her unusual heritage made her intersting to play. Her frosty demeanor, and cruel streak were a departure for me, and I belive she was one of my players favorite NPCs.

Winterthorn

Monster Manager
My name hails from my outdoor LARP days of yesteryear: I played a really interesting Necromancer, it was really cold outside, and we were playing in brambly woods. Winter + thorns... The rest is history I suppose... :D

-W.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
I really am the Hand of Vecna!

(( okay, okay, at the time I signed up here, I was playing Radknooz, First & Only Kobold Cleric of Vecna. He was convinced he'd be Vecna's "right hand man" eventually ))

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
I used to be Isida Kep'Tukari, the name of my first 3e character, but due to very strange and frustrating login problems, I deemed it to be less stressful to just register a new login name.

I was playing in a EN World In Character Call of Cthulhu game at the time, and my character's name was Ray Silver. Hence the name. :)

Chun-tzu

First Post
Chun-tzu comes from Confucianism, so anyone familiar with the term would know that I have an interest in Chinese philosophy. Plus, it's obscure enough that I can use it for email addresses and the like without having to throw numbers or decimals into it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
My complicated name is based on an aboriginal tribe located in mid-australia that believed in worshiping the god of stick-figures...

or more literally, I wanted to take two "soft" sounding words and cram them together into one easiliy recognizable name. I've been using it since 1992 when I first gained internet access. You can always recognize my name and instantly know that nobody is imitating my name. There are a million "Sniper!" names in any competitive online video game. By being named "Creamsteak" I keep my titles and streeks alive!

Sometimes I get called creamstreak... which shows the direction certain' people's thoughts travel ever so quickly, but in all light I am literally a steak that's been through a blender.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I was reading a book on obscure words when I came across "demiurge". It means "creator of worlds", so I grabbed it, figuring that it would be an appropriate alias for a DM. The "1138" is from THX-1138, Star Wars, and any other movie from the increasingly fractured mind of George Lucas.
Demiurge

Wayside

First Post
...and long before the day
Was old, the joy which waked like Heaven's glance
The sleepers in the oblivious valley, died,
And some grew weary of the ghastly dance
And fell, as I have fallen by the wayside,
Those soonest from whose forms most shadows past
And least of strength & beauty did abide.

-Shelley, "The Triumph of Life"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases