'Origin' of Your User Name

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
named for my favourite thing :p

(and because of the whole communication-internet thing too I s'pose and then of course well...)

Jamdin

Explorer
Jamdin comes from my real name, James Dinsmore. I came up with it many, many years ago as an alter ego for myself in D&D. My better half is named Esmore. It was only recently that I discovered Jamdin really is a name in Malaysia.

Talath

Explorer
My user name came from a random name generator a long time ago, back when I was in 7th grade. It was set to generate a random elvish dragonlance name, and all it kept outputting was "thalas" and "thas" and very similar elven names.

The only name that was any different was "Talath Gond", so I took and used it as a name for various MMORPG, handles, and so forth. The name Talath is almost never taken, but there have been a few instances.

Agnostic Paladin

First Post
Back when third first hit, we started playing living greyhawk. Our home region was the Duchy of Urnst. Urnst has a philosophical movement called sceptics that feel that gods don't deserve worship since mortals can become gods. Since there was nothing evil about them, I decided I wanted to be sceptic paladin. My DM said no :( When I decided I needed a new name, I went back to that concept, and became Agnostic Paladin. (Also, that's what I like to imagine myself as.)

Painfully

First Post
It got picked after about 30 tries to choose a login name on AOL. Mostly so I could play the old NeverWinter Nights game they had.

Last edited:

Turlogh

Explorer
Mine is a fairly obscure character from the writings of R.E. Howard.
An Irish warrior from around the time of the war between the Irish and the Vikings at Dublin. Turlogh Dubh of the clan Na O'Brien is the full name/ title or some times Black Turlogh.

Basically a cool character from a great author and I lack creativity so i stole it:D

Last edited:

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
So far...

Awesome!

Thanks for all the responses thus far! It's really interesting to see how/why people choose their user names...or at least, I think so...

If you have ever wondered about the origin of a user's name, then point them in this direction and maybe they'll post it!

Keep'em coming! :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases