'Origin' of Your User Name

Balfin

First Post
Balfin was the name of the first NPC I ever used as a DM, and reoccurs with his twin brother Sarter in every game I run.

I would have used my first PC, but I don't remember what his name was and I'm sure I stole it from a novel anyway,

Arcane Runes Press is.....

uh

...... the name of my company.

None too exciting I suppose, but it is, along with a ninja man picture, on all my business cards.

Patrick Y.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Alaric Prympax is an important NPC IMC set in Greyhawk. Alaric because I've always liked the name from histroy (yes, I know he was a barbarian but I've always thought it was a cool name) and from Fantasy novels (Kathrine Kurtz' Deryni novels, Alaric Anthony Morgan is my favorite character). Prympax is derived from the city Prymp in GH in Ahlissa where his family comes from. I developed a long histroy of his family and the Great Kingdom and a little dispute over the throne of the Aerdi.

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thalmin was the name of a major npc dwarven smith in a campaign I ran for six years.

Last edited:

Cyberzombie

Explorer
Well, while I don't post much any more, I was here back when this was Eric Noah's boards. Back on the original boards, there was a fellow named Ruin Explorer who liked to argue. I felt like getting into an argument with him (I believe my first argument was that Robin Hood was a paladin and not a ranger), but I needed a screen name. I played Shadowrun mostly at the time, so I decided to go with a Shadowrun name for a D&D board. I was there to argue, anyway, so I thought I should just be contrary. :D

maransreth

Explorer
Made mine from a Dragon article on creating Elvish names.
Mara=Priest
ansr=runes
sreth=magic.
So all together it comes as Priest of the runic magic. Or something like that. Was about 5 years ago or so that I came up with the name.

doraemon8

First Post
Me? Doraemon is the blue robotic cat from the future come to save the world and he has a really really cool pocket of holding that is infinite in size, weight of 0, and holds everything that comes to your imagination. I was nicknamed that a few summers ago because I always carried a million things in my pocket and I was looked like him. 8 because it is my favorite number, 4*2 (42)=8, 8 is merely infinity on its side, and because 8 is shaped like doraemon.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Winterthorn said:
My name hails from my outdoor LARP days of yesteryear: I played a really interesting Necromancer, it was really cold outside, and we were playing in brambly woods. Winter + thorns... The rest is history I suppose... :D

-W.

Cool. Frostmarrow was a necromancer too, originally. A friend of mine made a EQ-clan-website and he wanted me to write some stories and background for it. I invented Frostmarrow and told the stories through him. Frostmarrow the scribe.

hong

WotC's bitch
Frostmarrow said:

Cool. Frostmarrow was a necromancer too, originally. A friend of mine made a EQ-clan-website and he wanted me to write some stories and background for it. I invented Frostmarrow and told the stories through him. Frostmarrow the scribe.

Aren't you glad you decided to stop using "Frosty"?

Aitch Eye

First Post
I wanted to use something from Cordwainer Smith's "Instrumentality" future history stories, but names like "Manshonyagger [Menschenjager]," "Manikin MEEE," and "Old Hot and Simple" all just seemed like they'd be a bit much when paired with casual posts. I thought Aitch Eye sounded low-key but still pleasantly mysterious, but should have guessed that people would think it was an encoded greeting. It actually comes from the millennia-long conspiracy among animal derived slaves to gain legal rights; while the words do stand for the letters, it's an acronym.

Last edited:

Remove ads