'Origin' of Your User Name

mythago

Hero
A mythago is a figment of everyone's imagination. (See the book Mythago Wood ).

I started using it back in the days when we had to hike uphill five miles each way in the snow to hook up our 300 baud modems, and it stuck.

Kamard

First Post
My original name on these boards, long long ago, was Gehreleth, from the old monster type of the same name.

Now Kamard actually also comes from these boards. He was a character I used to harrass the fighters in You Bastard!

He is an arcanaloth, you know, Anubis-esque yugoloth.

My handle everywhere else is Jackalgod or Anubis in some flavour or other. I really identify with him, for some reason, to the point of getting a tattoo of him on my forearm (cursed capitalism... I needs me some money)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
"BOZ" sounds the same as my last name. as for my ezboards username, "BOZ ummagumma", the latter part is the name of a Pink Floyd album. in other forums in the past i've been KBozMan or BozMan74 or KBoz74, or a million other things... K being my first initial, and 74 being the year of my birth. :)

most people don't get that for some reason...

Gez

First Post
Gez is actually simply my initials.

I use it everywhere I can on the Internet. The rare times it's already taken, I simply add 117 after it, for my birthday is on 11 july.

Last edited:

Eternalknight

First Post
Eternalknight comes from every single D&D game I have DMed. In one form or another, there has always been an ancient, undying knight in the world.

Zander

Explorer
Zander is my nickname IRL. It's derived from my first name, which is Alexander.

My username has nothing to do with the character in Buffy the Vampire Slayer called Xander. My family and friends have been calling me Zander ever since I can remember - years before Buffy was a twinkle in Mrs Summers's eye.

My surname IRL is Simkin, hence my sig.

Geist

First Post
GEIST.

Second Part of a two part name...

Full Designation: PanzerGeist

Origin Germanic.
composed of two words.

Panzer which is german for armor.
ang Geist which is german for ghost, spirit or soul.

PanzerGeist Was the designator given to the cyborgs in a game I was designing before d20 came out and the game design was put on the shelf.

The reason for this naming was based off of a mix of MD Geist. an anime where a ruthless soldier type wears a rather cool suit of powerd armor.

As well as Ghost in the shell, and anime about well lots of thing. but a saying from the cyborgs in that movie was "a whisper in my ghosts"

so i combined the words. Panzer to represent the metal body that kept the brain and soul (Geist) of a person alive.

ok so call me odd =P I thought it was cool.

and ive used the nick since i was 13.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
"Alzrius" is the name of an Abyssal Lord from Planescape (in 1E terminology that would be a Prince of the Abyss).

Alzrius gets mentioned only once or twice in a couple of Planescape products, and never in connection with anything important. I can't recall the exact products, but I think they were among Hellbound: The Blood War, Faces of Evil: The Fiends, and On Hallowed Ground.

Additionally, one of the last few Dragons to be published in 2E had an article "Armor of the Abyssal Lords." One suit of armor was described as being flame-themed, and its Abyssal Lord was unknown. That was probably Alzrius (see below).

Alzrius was described as being a living flame (curiously like a fire elemental), and that when he sent his minions out into battle, he gave them a piece of his own body to use as a torch (which means he probably was the host for the Abyssal Olympics). He ruled the 601st Layer of the Abyss, which is called Conflagratum.

tburdett

Explorer
First initial of my first name and my last name. Back in the glorious days of the Commodore 64 I went by the handle Beyonder. I guess I've outgrown that. The way I see it now is if I can't post something as myself, it's not worth posting.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases