'Origin' of Your User Name

Mr Fidgit

First Post
John Smallberries said:
John Yaya and John Bigbutte were unavailable.
Big Booty!

i was discussing great movie lines with a friend the day before i signed up. thus...
\/ [edit - and the charcter who said it]
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/
\/

Last edited:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I suppose most people have guessed this, but my name is from the movie, Princess Bride.

When I registered on Nutkinland last month, I was surprised to find out that everyone thought it referred to the repulsive and badly drawn Power Puff Girls. It doesn't.

Dismas

First Post
Used to post as OtherNiceMan, but lost the password. That name came from a GenCon a long time ago when I stepped in to run a game of For Faerie Queen and Country at short notice. I didn't even have the book at the time. Luckly none of the players turned up as they were all nursing hangovers.

My current name Dismas is a religious name, he is the patron saint of: condemned prisoners, criminals, death row prisoners, funeral directors, prisoners, prisoners on death row, reformed thieves, undertakers.

He was one of the theives who was crucified with Jesus, the one that asked for his blessing.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
I have been using this handle for the past 4+ years when I met my wife. It is her name spelled backwards and I try and use it everywhere including my online gaming accounts.

ninthcouncil

First Post
I used to use "xibalba" when I could for internet-related things (it's the name of the underworld in Mayan mythology). However, it's not quite obscure enough, so I was increasingly finding it taken - and I really don't like adding numbers. When I couldn't register it on yahoo, I fell back on ninthcouncil, as at the time I was mulling over an idea for a modern occult/conspiracy campaign in which The Ninth Council was a (literally) underground organisation based around a secret London tube line. It never got out of gestation, but I liked the name, so it's become my preferred handle when I need such a thing.

As to where The Ninth Council came from - it's from a (misheard) lyric in a Fall song...

"There's a silent rumble
From the victims of the ninth council"

For the correct, and equally incomprehensible, version, see
here

Last edited:

Dark Dragon

Explorer
I used my nick name first as a pilot's name when I played the Tie Fighter computer game years ago (remember, you were fighting for the Empire :cool: ). I was quite good at it ... hmm, perhaps I should play some missions of X-Wing Alliance again.
Well, second point is, in each adventure I DMed, there was at least one dragon...sometimes helpful, but mostly pure evil, rarely was one of the dragons evil and arrogant but not destructive (ever heard of Balagos the Flying Flame?). I like dragons.

Tetsubo

First Post
Kershek said:
Kershek is a name I made up some time ago because I was tired of Kurgan being taken when I signed up for things. I had used Kurgan on IRC for a good 8 years so I guess it was time for a change.

And yes, I made up the name before that ape "Kerchak" was shown in the Tarzan movie.

Every time I see your name I think it's Kershaw the knife maker. :)

Tetsubo

First Post
My nick is my favorite Japanese martial arts weapon. Large, slow and blunt. Much like myself.

Attachments

• tetsubo.jpg
    tetsubo.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 455

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases