'Origin' of Your User Name

JoeBlank

Explorer
I'll play, but it's another boring one. Joe Blankenship, so I am JoeBlank most places I go on the internet. I do like that it implies that I am not giving my last name, but am just inserting a ______.

Of course, when I first started using it, I thought "Blank" was rather obscure and that no one would actually have that as a last name. I live in Atlanta, where one of the founders of Home Depot now owns the Atlanta Falcons football team: Arthur Blank. No relation, unless that is just his screen name.

boxstop7

First Post
Mine is almost completely random. "box" is a nickname I picked up in college (for a variety of reasons), "7" is my favorite number. the name itself means absolutely nothing and has no significance. I try not to put too much thought into mundane matters such as these, what with the apocalypse being upon us thanks to class-action lawsuits filed against McDonald's for making people fat...:rolleyes:

~Box

Angelsboi

First Post
my name has two origins. First the lesser known one ...

My mom was 14 at the time. My Mammaw and Pappaw (for non southern folks read: Grandma and Grandpa). My Pappaw was a trucker and wasnt always home. My mammaw was an alcoholic and very abusive to my mom. Like most abused kids, she wishedfor a happy ending. My mom prayed to God to send her a guardian angel to protect her.

It was then she met my father, who was 25. She thought he was the one. They had sex for the first time (my mom was on the pill and my father was using a condom) and 9 months later when she was 15, I was born. My real father had left her and it was just me and my mom.

My mammaw stopped being abusive and quit drinking cold turkey. She eventually passed away 3 years later but my mammaw loved me so much for saving her life. My mom swore up and down that i was the Angel God had sent her.

So shes been calling me angel for 23 years. 7 years ago, Buffy the Vampire Slayer aired and i feel in lust with David Boreanaz, who plays Angel. My mom said eventually she'd see me on the news stalking him and maybe one day, id be Angel's Boy.

Being gay (and having this thing for symetry) Angelsboy seems ... off because of the y's tail. So i changed it to Angelsboi and i am still called Angel, for short.

National Acrobat

First Post
I'll play

Quite simply I love Black Sabbath. National Acrobat is the name of my favorite Sabbath song, off of my favorite Sabbath album, "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath'. Seemed to fit rather well. Since I love sci-fi and fantasy, the name works. The song is about a futuristic method of encoding embryo's to create the 'perfect' children, at least that's what Sabbath says. Geezer Butler admits that he was tripping pretty heavy when he wrote the lyrics, so who knows. Anyway, that's the story and I am sticking with it.

Dieter

First Post
Name Origin

Dieter (full name Dieter Niederburger) came from an old Top Secret S.I. (now F.U.D.G.E) character of mine. He's the Swiss-born black-ops commando.

Basically he's a Connery-style Bond with a good dose of The Punisher thrown in for flavor.

Magius del Cotto is the name of my fictional alter ego (basically me just put into my writings). He is incredibly powerful (somewhere beyond avatar status), and he travels the multiverse, trying to make amends for almost destroying his own world. He cannot be killed, and he can change shape almost at will (both thanks to incredibly rare technologies), but his favored form is a human male, about 20 years old. I'd go into more detail about his backstory, but I've been using him for years now, and just the summary would take up several pages.

wighair

Explorer
Mine is just a stupid one I use on the web where I can. That said there do seem to be other wighairs out there!

I have no (or very little) natural hair remaining, so if I wanted some it would have to be wig based. I do NOT however currently wear a wig! ;-) honest!

Tsyr

Explorer
Tsyr is a character I have recreated in almost every game system under the sun at one point or another, and is also my single most played AD&D character. *shrug*.

John Crichton

First Post
For years, I used the name Blade as a handle. But after the movie came out and now that I'm much older now (was in my mid-teens then) it needed a change. Also, I ran a very popular comic-book creator's website and many folks knew me so I figured I'd start new.

As for the name John Crichton (or as many prefer here: JC, which is actually something I may change it to): Farscape is my favorite TV show and the username wasn't taken here so I just used the main character's name. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases