The Gamers' Guide to Player Types

acorania

First Post
The Gamers' Guide to Pathfinder has released our latest episode:

The Gamers' Guide to Player Types

Sean and Barry discuss the common types of problem players that appear at gaming tables and how to deal with them.

We would love to hear what you think! Feel free to comment here or come and join the discussion on the message boards at 3.5 Private Sanctuary. Register and become a part of the discussion.

While your there check out some of our other episodes:

The Gamers' Guide to Firearms - Part I

The Gamers' Guide to Firearms - Part II

The Gamers' Guide to Dipping

The Gamers' Guide to Eastern Gaming

The Gamers' Guide to Party Roles

The Gamers' Guide to Skinning

The Gamers' Guide to Vehicles and Caravans

We are a happy member of the gaming shelf over at 3.5 Private Sanctuary, where you can find other great podcasts, such as:

3.5 Private Sanctuary
Ryan and Matt look at the classes and the races, the flavour and the crunch, the best and the worst of Dungeons & Dragons 3.5

Know Direction
Ryan and Perram's fan-generated Pathfinder roleplaying game news, reviews, and interviews show.

World of Sexton (AP)
Skyth's World of Sexton actual play podcast

Dwarfed Podio Book
The epic fantasy satire, Dwarfed

Let us know what you think!!!

Sean Mahoney

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Interesting. If all the episodes are an hour+, not sure i have the time. But I started on the Dipping episode and it's pretty good. I've been considering writing a Pathfinder guide to dipping and have the basics laid out. Too many people think dipping is dead in PF, that needs to be addressed. :)

acorania

First Post
Podcast length is a tough thing. Some people like short to the point of 5 mins or less, others are really happy with 4 hour epics like the Chronicles guys do. For me an hour or so has always been a happy length, but then I don't have an issue pausing and coming back later.

Ultimately we decided we were shooting for around 1 hour or so, but would not be constrained... so if it came out to 40 mins, so be it. Likewise if it is 1.75 hrs, that's fine too. If it gets over 2 I am likely splitting it up into a multi-parter like firearms.

I would be interested to see what you come up with for your dipping book!

Sean

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yup, I listened to half, went out for a while, came back and caught the rest. Pretty good overall, I think you were too hard on Oracle. :)

Some of the curses are not that bad (tongues especially, but Lame isn't crushing, either), and while Oracle dip is basically inferior to Cleric when compared apples to apples...the thing is, mysteries sometimes offer things you cannot get anywhere else. In my guide, I make a point to note that truly unique class features is a powerful reason to dip. My personal favorite is Water Sight from the Waves mystery. Now your (sneak attacking?) archer can put up an Obscuring Mist for huge defensive boosts and shoot through it just fine. Another thing to look at is the dual-cursed archetype. Yeah, two curses is an even suckier burden, but i already mentioned two that are minimal impact. Now you can get the incredible powerful Misfortune revelation, which as written you can even use on allies to HELP them. Finally, several mysteries have a few low level revelations that are superior to feats. Being an Oracle 1 means you can pick them up...as feats. It's not the best dip class, but it has a lot of promise.

My guide's still very much a work in progress, but if you want to see what I have so far, I have it here: Torch of Spirit - Exotic Delights: A Dipper's Guide to Pathfinder

acorania

First Post
No doubt I was too harsh on the Oracle... like sorcerer it is one of those classes that just doesn't speak to me personally. It's a failing... I will admit it.

However, in our next episode, The Gamers' Guide to Words of Power, I get over that quite a bit as with the addition of Words of Power, both of those classes really start to interest me. Watch for it this Friday! lol.

Sean

Kulstor

First Post
I've been enjoying the podcasts so far. I don't have a problem with length, but I can easily pause & come back to it later but do like your lengths. I look forward to more episodes.

RithTheAwakener

First Post
I just finished listening to the Guide to Dipping; it was quite funny and enjoyable, and much of the commentary was spot-on. I will be listening to more of your podcasts in the future!

Starbuck_II

First Post
In regards to dipping:
Oracle (Lame) lets a Barbarian end Rage and restart it without being fatigued.
Meaning 1/rage powers become 1/rd: this opens up options.

I am interested in a Words of Power discussion. No guide is ever been created.

Remove ads