Proposal: change the rules for character approval

Hello everyone, I'm new to L4W and am having a little bit of trouble with the Wiki. I have created my character in a spreadsheet and have created my character's wiki page, but I can't add her to the Approval Requests page because it seems to be locked. Could someone take a look at this and tell me if I'm crazy or if it really is broken?

Thanks WEContact, but I've already tried that. Am definitely logged in. See the screenshot below:

Screen shot 2011-10-26 at 3.27.34 PM.png

You can see that I am clearly logged in (top-right corner), and the notification shown describes the fact that the page is locked.

Any ideas?

Luinnar

First Post
Thanks WEContact, but I've already tried that. Am definitely logged in. See the screenshot below:

View attachment 50141

You can see that I am clearly logged in (top-right corner), and the notification shown describes the fact that the page is locked.

Any ideas?
For some reason your account does not show up on the user list. I'm not sure why, perhaps @covaithe could help? :)

Anyway I added your character myself using my judge powers.

covaithe

Explorer

I did some digging, and found out that when a page is semi-protected in Wikia, it's locked for new users as well as unregistered users. A user is "new" for (I think) 4 days after creating their account.

That kind of sucks for us. I've unlocked the page, so anyone can edit it now. I'm not thrilled about that, but it's better than new users not being able to submit characters.

Hey guys, Can anyone look over someone's character sheet, or do they need to be appointed as a character reviewer? If so, I've got some free time to look over all the sheets above mine on the list. If you have to become a CR, how does one go about becoming one? I'm pretty good with the numbers on this kind of stuff and have a DDI account I can use to check the math with.

Luinnar

First Post
Hey guys, Can anyone look over someone's character sheet, or do they need to be appointed as a character reviewer? If so, I've got some free time to look over all the sheets above mine on the list. If you have to become a CR, how does one go about becoming one? I'm pretty good with the numbers on this kind of stuff and have a DDI account I can use to check the math with.
Each character needs 1 approval from a Senior Reviewer and 1 approval from anyone. So feel free to go through and approve any of the sheets. :)

Going through character sheet is a good start to becoming a Senior Reviewer.

Remove ads