Proposal: change the rules for character approval

covaithe

Explorer
Making things easy for players is nice, but TBH the player experience really isn't the problem. Or, rather, the player experience is the problem, but the part that's problematic is that after they submit, it takes a really long time to get approval. Submitting in the first place may not be perfect, but it's mostly working. Getting approvals in a timely fashion is the part that needs fixing.

Karlowitch

First Post
Just a quick question. How many reviews do you need to make to become a SR?

I have so far made these reviews:

Lilli (Neil1889) - Level 3 Gnome Wizard
Vyrna (CrimsonFlameWielder) - level 1 Revenant(halfling) Vampire
Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - level 7 Human Paladin
Kamotz (CaBaNa) - level 4 Longtooth Shifter Hybrid Cleric/Paladin
Toeto (Dekana) - level 6 Longtooth Shifter Shaman

covaithe

Explorer
Just a quick question. How many reviews do you need to make to become a SR?

I deliberately left out specific numbers. Idea is, you should do enough to convince "us" that you know the rules well enough to not totally screw it up, that you know the approval process well enough to put characters in the right place, and that you're actually reading the sheets and not just rubber-stamping. It's a judgement call.

The real question is, whose judgement applies? Ideally it would be the other SR on the character sheets you're reviewing. Looking at the sheets you've linked, though, it looks like only a couple of them have a second review. Bummer.

I looked over your review comments on the sheets you linked, and they seem reasonable enough to me. I could wish there were a few more reviews that had been checked by a second person, to make sure that you hadn't missed anything, but under the circumstances, we need more SRs, so... sure. You're in. I've changed your perms in the wiki so you can edit the Approved Characters page now. I'll add you to the list of SRs in the charter in a moment.

Karlowitch

First Post
Covaithe said:
The real question is, whose judgement applies? Ideally it would be the other SR on the character sheets you're reviewing. Looking at the sheets you've linked, though, it looks like only a couple of them have a second review. Bummer.

I looked over your review comments on the sheets you linked, and they seem reasonable enough to me. I could wish there were a few more reviews that had been checked by a second person, to make sure that you hadn't missed anything
Its good to hear my reviews are reasonable. I see your point and I feel the same way. I would feel a lot more confident if another SR had double checked the character sheets I have reviewed.

Covaithe said:
we need more SRs, so... sure. You're in. I've changed your perms in the wiki so you can edit the Approved Characters page now. I'll add you to the list of SRs in the charter in a moment.

Thanks :D ! I am aiming at making 1 or 2 reviews a week, if time permits. Ill leave the reviews I have made so far in " Needs a Senior review " to make a SR look at them, just in case I missed something of importance.

Nice, Congrats, Karlowitch! I'll be nipping at your heels here, since I'm going to get back on the reviewing horse and get some of these done. First character to look at: Stonegod's Incarnation! (Bad-@$$ quote at the top btw, SG!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases