Heroes of the Feywild Excerpts

Walking Dad

First Post
The 'sample character' Rowen in the art excerpt has a cat-form.

How did she get it?

A) Race that only looks human but isn't.
B) Theme with a level 1 power similar to the rat one in Neverwinter.
C) Essential druid shapeshifting.

I really hope for 3.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Yay, more elves.

When we have a gazillion races and classes that are barren and desperately needing content and updates, we get... more elf crap. Colour me unexcited.

Dire Bare

Legend
Yay, more elves.

When we have a gazillion races and classes that are barren and desperately needing content and updates, we get... more elf crap. Colour me unexcited.

1) Tons of races that are "barren" of content . . . really? I don't feel the lack you speak of.

2) I don't remember seeing elves in the preview (it's been a few days), but even so, the book is on the Feywild, and that's were the eladrin live and elves come from. I'd be surprised if there wasn't good material for elves and eladrin.

3) I don't get the sentiment that classes and races that A) aren't all that popular, and B) don't really fill any mythic or literature archetypes all that well are somehow shafted without tons of powers, feats, and whatevers. Humans, elves, dwarves, and hobbits are classic mythic and literature archetypes that D&D is built around . . . why the hate when WotC caters to what the majority of their customers want? Personally, I feel that elves have all the options they "need", but I love elves (and eladrin) and always love seeing quality articles that give me more character ideas.

Dire Bare

Legend
The 'sample character' Rowen in the art excerpt has a cat-form.

I haven't been paying super-close attention to all the preview tidbits that have been dropped so far . . . . but I assumed she had a cat-form because she's a witch (when not a cat, she looks human in the artwork), one of the new classes. I think it's a safe bet as an "iconic" character in the book, she represents a new class or new race that debuts in the book, and not extra powers for an existing race or class.

Maybe there are some "fey-touched" feats that give folks exposed to the Feywild weird, fey powers.

JPL

Adventurer
Seems like some races and classes get support because they are popular, and are popular because they get support. There are a few concepts out there which are so underdeveloped that it's easy to dismiss them as bad ideas or false starts or lungfish, rightfully abandoned . . . but a couple of good articles online could be enough to make us reassess them.

That's a challenge for the online writers, really --- write some really good support for the shardmind or the seeker or the runepriest, and you might end up salvaging the entire concept.

underfoot007ct

First Post
Yay, more elves.

The name of the book is "Heroes of the Feywild Excerpts", giving us Pixies & Elves. Were you expecting Dwarfs & Orc? Why does this book have NO content, have you read the whole book already? No one is forcing you to purchase the book.

Klaus

First Post
Seems like some races and classes get support because they are popular, and are popular because they get support. There are a few concepts out there which are so underdeveloped that it's easy to dismiss them as bad ideas or false starts or lungfish, rightfully abandoned . . . but a couple of good articles online could be enough to make us reassess them.

That's a challenge for the online writers, really --- write some really good support for the shardmind or the seeker or the runepriest, and you might end up salvaging the entire concept.
Just a quick reminder that there is a runepriest article in this month's Dragon.

As for support to other things, the submission window is open! Come up with an awesome story hook for a shardmind or seeker article and send it to WotC.

Remove ads