[Rite Publishing] Frozen Wind - Free Kaidan Adventure

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Frozen Wind is a free PDF download One-Shot Adventure Module, set in the dark Asian horror setting, Kaidan for PFRPG. Just in time for Halloween!

Frozen Wind

frozen-wind-cover-design-thumb.jpg

"Winter is not coming, it is here!"
Trekking along the high mountain trail five lonely travelers find themselves in grave danger. Caught in a fierce and unseasonal snowstorm, they must take shelter in Miyamakoori Monastery, a shrine of the yamabushi, located within a crevice near the summit of a mountain. The yamabushi shrine offers the only refuge for travelers along the highland trail. On this night, however, a powerful spirit of Jigoku, and her demonic entourage, has come to settle an old agreement between the abbot and herself. As a cold and unspeakable darkness falls upon the monastery, the travelers must use all the resources at their disposal to survive...

"Frozen Wind" is a one-shot adventure for five characters at 5th level designed for use with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

Author: Jonathan McAnulty
Artist: Michael Tumey
Pages: 29

Wicht

Hero
This was written as a one-shot convention scenario and is fully self contained. You need nothing else but the dice and a Core rulebook. The pregenerated characters are provided with in-story tie-ins and can be printed ready for play. When I ran it, I drew up the maps before hand on gaming paper (I also painted plenty of minis specifically for the bad-guys and PCs) and while I would recommend other GMs to do the same, its not essential for the adventure.

When I wrote the adventure, I was aiming for an adventure with the feel of a three act horror film; one which would be able to be completed in a 3-4 hour time period. This all combines to make it a great halloween one-shot.

Give it a try. You can't beat the price. :)

If you do play it, I would love to hear how the game goes.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Frozen Wind has earned its first 5 star review by Dawn Fischer, which can be read on the 'review tab' on the same page as the product link in the first post. A notable point she made is that almost all the art for this product is in full color, which could be considered a rarity in FREE products. She also mentioned a couple editing gaffs, and I have to admit, having been a free product, we didn't send it to editing at all - it was editted between the author and myself, in order to keep costs down.

Still it's worth a look, and being free, how can you not check it out?

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Frozen Wind has earned two more reviews with 5 star ratings! All agree this makes a great one-shot adventure for Halloween, though it feels like a full commercial adventure and not a one-shot.

Last edited:

Remove ads