Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"We are already in the well, Antares, no one wants to climb back out to go speak to the local law enforcers," Myst says, trying to ensure his voice carries back up to the elf without having to yell. "Anna is my priority now. I have no idea if she is down here but the sooner we find her, the better. We've wasted enough time. I pray to Pelor she yet lives."
To which Antares frowns: true enough, as far as it goes, but, "Jumping into a well after question is asked just so one can claim the nuisance of having to climb out hardly smacks of arguments in good faith, brother Myst... Is there even space for us down there?" [etc]

Stellan takes the lamp from Antares with a smile before he goes in. "Thanks." There's definitely an excitement present in his voice, and then he climbs in after the two clerics.
At bottom, the young elf retrieves the lamp from his friend <assuming he allows it?> and lights it on the tip of his burning torch. "Rear guard ready," he cautiously announces, peering about with some curiosity.

OOC: Anything lying at the bottom of the well? Indications of scratches or marks on the sides as far up as he can see?

When he gets there, he'll also examine the tunnel itself, though Muzdin will likely already have done so. Natural/artificial? Dug from the outside into the well or the reverse? Tools used? Apparent age?

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: I will assume nothing other than climbing down

Muzdim gets down first, and sees roughly carved or burrowed tunnel that heads west. The torch thrown down is still sputtering, and the light from the others illuminates the rocky, earthy walls. It's dry, at least what you can see, and the tunnel itself is about 5 feet wide where it enters the well, but then appears to widen a bit after a few feet. The air is earthy in smell.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Alright friends, this does seem like someone excavated this tunnel, and knew what he was doing. Let's prosigue." The dwarf says, as he inspects the rocky tunnel further on.

Binder Fred

"And proceed as well," quips Antares from the back, gathering his courage where he may.

While he waits for the others to file into the gap, the young mage drops gaze and lamp down from the bumpy, unmarked walls to the slightly muddy ground softly squelching below his feet. Is this really where the creature dragged its victim? Without rope, rungs or ladder? Is it, perhaps, some sort of spider beast: sticky padded feet, mandibles in its albino face...? Or, darker thought, did it simply fling her down, uncaring? What, indeed, is a little tenderizing between friends?

Ugh. He shakes that dreadful image away: just the environment, affecting him. She will be fine -- fine. And it's his time to go through anyway...

[sblock=Actions]Antares will look for any major tracks that do not seem to belong to his comrades, and/or any trace of blood (on the rocks of the well, on the side of the tunnel entrance, in the tunnel itself, etc).

Gambler1650 said:
OOC: I will assume nothing other than climbing down
Well, that and Antares' described looking at the walls of the well, yes. I take it he found nothing of place though.[/sblock]

Myst picks up the torch and follows along behind Muzdim, ready to toss the torch aside and grab for his mace at the first sign of trouble.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Nothing on the way down is seen by Antares. When he does look at the walls near the bottom, and the ground of the well, he makes out what appears to be another piece of fabric near the entrance of the tunnel. The ground is reasonably well packed, so it wasn't completely buried, and perhaps even nudged free by the passage of the others' feet. It's quite dirty, but appears to be a light blue underneath the shifting lights thrown by the lamp and torches. No blood on the walls or the ground is evident.

As the party moves further into the tunnel, not much changes except for a widening that could allow two people to stand side by side.. maybe 9-10 feet wide. The flickering light shows that there might be a bend towards the left about 100 feet or so away. At about the same place that this becomes apparent, a hole in the wall to the right is also seen.. apparently tunneled out in the same fashion.

map1a.png

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Nothing on the way down is seen by Antares. When he does look at the walls near the bottom, and the ground of the well, he makes out what appears to be another piece of fabric near the entrance of the tunnel.
"Hey, friends, I found a piece of," he leans down to pull it free, "clothing, I believe." He holds it out for the others to see: "Fairly delicate. Could it be hers do you think?" It's quite dirty, but appears to be a light blue underneath the shifting lights thrown by lamp and torches.

<Response any?>

At about the same place that this becomes apparent, a hole in the wall to the right is also seen.. apparently tunneled out in the same fashion.
"Ah.... More extensive a burrow than I would have hoped," uncertainly comments Antares as he tries to see the details of their two choices around shoulders and heads before him.

OOC: Gambler, can he see if the torches bend towards or away from either of the passages (i.e. air currents/connections to the surface)?

If Muzdin hesitates or seems to wait for opinions on the subject:
"Well -ah - We seem to be in a main line while that side-passage is likely shorter, a room at the end perhaps...? A likelier place to drag senseless prey or prisoner?" he posits, somewhat favoring that direction. "Have the dwarves been digging under the city?" that last with a frowning look at the tunnel sides, a hand reaching out to delicately touch...

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I dinna know, let's take a look." Muzdim says, heading to the side chamber. His expert eyes examine the stonecraft, to see if it resembles any style he can recognize.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Let me go first," Bosco says quietly. "Keep the noise back here to a minimum. Just, you know, shine a light that way."

((Bosco moves silently, hiding in shadows, as he checks out the side passage, keeping an eye out for tripwires or other booby traps as he goes.))

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases