Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Keeping secrets eh? I like that." Muzdim mumbles to himself. "Yer secrets are always safe with a priest of the One who Hides Truth."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
All three tilt their heads - it might be comical except for the coldness in Lady Mirelle's eyes. "May I help you? You appear to be... lost."
Facing the owl-bear in her lair it is.

"Ah..." Don't run, she will chase. Begin with the basics, as his sire used to say (rather strongly and with a certain air of righteous anger as well). "I am Meso- I mean- I am known as Antares, a yearling mage of the Lepanor tradition." Which is oh so relevant at the moment, isn't it? What then? Demon bells? Missing girls? Do not speak of cabbages to dragons! And then he has it: "Myself and a few -ah- a few of my more talented friends have recently come together to form the Behenian Company, a group dedicated to the - betterment of all that surrounds us." A way out- He needs a way out! Almost there: "For minimal recompense-" And then he stops. And thinks about what he's about to do...

Some sort of pivot point. It is like finding yourself again.

"In actuality... no. Though I do believe you will be hearing about our company soon." A bow, "Have a good day, honorable ladies." He pushes the door closed.

OOC: Did he get away with it? :)

Myst looks at the dwarf his eyes narrowed in irritation. "Secrets are fine unless they endanger an innocent, which in this case might be exactly what is going on."

The cleric of Pelor turns to Erenie. "Are you saying that something might have happened to Anna and you just left her at that house and told no one about her being there? Take us to this place."

OOC: And Bosco's question is important as well. Was this house burned but still standing prior to the girls visiting it or has it burned since?

gambler1650

Explorer
The Tearoom: Antares and Stellan

The three women just stare at the young elf, and then as he begins to close the door, Lady Mirelle's voice can be heard, "Wait a moment Master Antares. Would you please join us? It won't take more than a few minutes, but I have a variety of teas that I would like the opinion of an elf on." Her tone is somewhat amused, though still cool, and she sounds as though she expects her request to be accepted.

OOC: Stellan himself hasn't come within view of the tearoom itself...

Facing the owl-bear in her lair it is.

"Ah..." Don't run, she will chase. Begin with the basics, as his sire used to say (rather strongly and with a certain air of righteous anger as well). "I am Meso- I mean- I am known as Antares, a yearling mage of the Lepanor tradition." Which is oh so relevant at the moment, isn't it? What then? Demon bells? Missing girls? Do not speak of cabbages to dragons! And then he has it: "Myself and a few -ah- a few of my more talented friends have recently come together to form the Behenian Company, a group dedicated to the - betterment of all that surrounds us." A way out- He needs a way out! Almost there: "For minimal recompense-" And then he stops. And thinks about what he's about to do...

Some sort of pivot point. It is like finding yourself again.

"In actuality... no. Though I do believe you will be hearing about our company soon." A bow, "Have a good day, honorable ladies." He pushes the door closed.

OOC: Did he get away with it? :)

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
Erenie's Home: Myst, Muzdim, Bosco

Erenie looks first at the halfling, "It's the one that burned down over a month ago... I don't think the town has had the men to take care of it, or maybe because it's not in danger of falling on another house they don't care...

Then when the clerics speak she first of all smiles at the dwarf, briefly. Her eyes grow larger again when the Myst speaks, "Oh please. You can't tell anyone. I'll take you, but I won't go inside!"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Wait a moment Master Antares. Would you please join us? It won't take more than a few minutes, but I have a variety of teas that I would like the opinion of an elf on." Her tone is somewhat amused, though still cool, and she sounds as though she expects her request to be accepted.
Antares' heart sinks and clenches at the same time: he was rather hoping... The spell, already dying... "Ah... I would be honoured. But could a later time perhaps be possible?" Do *not* lie to dragons! "The Company is presently involved in a most interesting investigation -- of which I might entertain you ladies more fully later on?" But do present them with the possibility of gold if they will forbear eating you just now!

(My God, that was shear improvisational genius on his part, wasn't it? A domain in which he does not usually excel... Now, if only THEY can find it within themselves to think so too!)

<Response Mirelle/ladies?>

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Secrets are powerful, you hold this lass to your will thanks to them. She'll do anything for you to keep this a secret. Do not underestimate the power of the Hidden one." the dwarf says ominously.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Secrets are powerful, you hold this lass to your will thanks to them. She'll do anything for you to keep this a secret. Do not underestimate the power of the Hidden one." the dwarf says ominously.
"You know, if you ever smiled, I think it's likely your face would break clean in two. You are wise never to take that chance."

gambler1650

Explorer
Mirelle's Tea Salon: Antares, Stellan

Antares' heart sinks and clenches at the same time: he was rather hoping... The spell, already dying... "Ah... I would be honoured. But could a later time perhaps be possible?" Do *not* lie to dragons! "The Company is presently involved in a most interesting investigation -- of which I might entertain you ladies more fully later on?" But do present them with the possibility of gold if they will forbear eating you just now!

(My God, that was shear improvisational genius on his part, wasn't it? A domain in which he does not usually excel... Now, if only THEY can find it within themselves to think so too!)

<Response Mirelle/ladies?>

There's a momentary pause as Mirelle considers this, but then a slight, enigmatic smile crosses her face. "An investigation which has you opening random doors on the street? Very interesting indeed. And I won't keep you from it... long. Just a taste, if you please. I would very much like to provide teas that all of Ascadar - human, elf, halfling and dwarf alike - enjoy."

Perhaps she, as the wife of one of the town's "politicians" can tell better than most when she's being spun, perhaps she tells the truth, or perhaps she herself is doing a bit of 'handshaking' on behalf of her husband who is well known to be hoping to take over the position that was once Eliaesel's, or just some combination of the above.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases