Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim walks inside the house, and the planks cry under his weight. Muttering something, he grabs the black orb in his pocket, while calling out: "Is there anyone home?"

Myst shakes his head at his friend's manners. "I think it is still customary to knock, even if the door stands open, when entering someone's home." As an afterthought, the cleric knocks on the door and stands just in the entrance behind the bolder dwarf.

gambler1650

Explorer
Muzdim, Myst, Bosco

At the dwarf's booming voice, there's a high pitched, squeaking shriek from the hummer, obviously a female (or a highly effeminate male). There's then silence, until the knock, and then a young woman's face peeks around the corner, her eyes wide - she's probably 17 or so, somewhat pretty but not overwhelmingly so.

When she sees the dwarf, she calls out, "What do you want?" and then she sees the other cleric behind him, hesitantly stepping out. Myst recognizes her as having been to some services with her father, though he never got her name - having been relegated to preparing for the services, helping with some of the ceremonies, and then cleaning the chapel afterwards. Her father is a woodcutter somewhat well known in the community. "Pelor be praised.." she says quietly, before looking back to the dwarf.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Me be Muzdim, war priest of the Secret One; besides me is brother Myst, cleric of the Sun God. We are seeking information about the location of a person. You will cooperate." informs the dwarf, in a military authoritative tone. If Muzdim failed to address Bosco because he didn't notice him skittering near them, because he doesn't want to be linked with him, or because he intently doesn't want the halfing to be noticed, it remains unknown.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Whatever beknighted soul taught him both grammar and manners apologizes, dear girl," Bosco intervenes, sweeping his cap off his head and bowing low. "We've come to help."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
To the question of whether the elf can look inside her shop, "Please do, young master. Though, I'll suggest that you might not want to be so bold as to describe what you're doing if you go into Erisa's shop."
Antares pauses. "Does she not enjoy truth?"

<Response Daenila?>

She tilts her head a touch at the elf's query about the 'animated dead', and replies, "Not of late. It's something that's been passed down from mother to daughter in my family, and I find it pretty more than useful. Most of the time I forget that it has any effect at all."

"Let me know if you find anything? As far as I know, nothing in my shop should be magical..."
"As, indeed, nothing seems to be," confirms the lean elf before tearing himself away from his contemplation of gigogne wooden bowls. "Time presently answers to beads carved by the Uncaring One, I fear oh fascinating lady, but could I perhaps extract promise of tales in future, of the once and future dead, of past deeds by kin and kith that made them so?" Discovery, knowledge, Antares is not one to be bored by the smallest crumb of it -- especially if it concerns subjects his sire frowns upon!

<Response Daenila?>

OOC: Boccob, The Uncaring One, of course. Neutral God of things magical.
OOC: After Daenila's answer, Antares will shift to either Detecting Magic on the outside of her shop if he hasn't done that, or, if he has, to the interior of the pottery shop next door. Minute 13.

Last edited:

Myst looks from the halfling to the dwarf and back again and doesn't bother trying to suppress his smile. He then turns to the girl. "Are you Erenie? If so, we are looking for information on the whereabouts of your friend Anna."

gambler1650

Explorer
At Erenie's Home: Myst, Muzdim, Bosco

The girl still has something of the look of a wild animal trying to decide whether to flee, though she quirks an involuntary smile as the halfling enters. She starts to say, "Nevertheless, I'm sure my father would be better able to..." and then Myst speaks. She stops short, stares at him and then the others, appearing torn for a moment, hands idly wringing the cleaning rag she has in them. She looks directly at the cleric of Pelor for a moment, "You won't tell anyone? It wasn't my fault... She was just first..."

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares pauses. "Does she not enjoy truth?"

<Response Daenila?>

A wry smile, "She's my friend, but she's not very tolerant of people who don't think and look like her, especially these days when it's easier to do so without repercussions.

"As, indeed, nothing seems to be," confirms the lean elf before tearing himself away from his contemplation of gigogne wooden bowls. "Time presently answers to beads carved by the Uncaring One, I fear oh fascinating lady, but could I perhaps extract promise of tales in future, of the once and future dead, of past deeds by kin and kith that made them so?" Discovery, knowledge, Antares is not one to be bored by the smallest crumb of it -- especially if it concerns subjects his sire frowns upon!

I'm an old woman, and prone to gossip and the telling of tales, as there is little else to do these days for me. So stop by anytime, young master, and I will be happy to talk one of those elegant ears of yours off. She winks at the young mage.

OOC: Boccob, The Uncaring One, of course. Neutral God of things magical.
OOC: After Daenila's answer, Antares will shift to either Detecting Magic on the outside of her shop if he hasn't done that, or, if he has, to the interior of the pottery shop next door. Minute 13.

I believe you detected magic on the outside of the shop already. Fortunately when Antares looks into the pottery shop, Erisa is still talking to her customer. No magical notes of any kind come from the wares on the shelves, or the two women.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases