Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Master Jorgen looks surprised at Antares' question. "This bell? What ever for?" He scowls, though no more so than might be expected at an odd purchase request such as the one he's been presented.
That worthy tilts his head, "Are you saying it's an inferior product, master Jorgen? Then... we should no doubt expect a significant discount?"

gambler1650

Explorer
Outside the shop, the shopkeeper eyes the young elf and his companions. He shakes his head, "It's a perfectly fine bell. Just wondering what you want with it, and I have a feeling you may be just pulling my leg. 5 crowns (gp's). I need to get back to stocking before serious customers show up."

He glances at the other three standing with Antares, a brief nod to Myst when he sees the holy symbol. That however didn't keep him from grossly overcharging for the bell - at least if it were a simple bell with no magic to it, which would normally go for 1 gp and 2 sp.

OOC: For Bosco: I'll get back to you on what you pocketed in a couple of days... a 10 hour drive tomrrow is a good time to let me think about the campaign. ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ain't ye chargin' abusively for that bell, good man?" The dwarf takes a step forward. "Ye know the keen eye of a dwarf knows of trade, even if this dwarf is a servant of a holy deity. I expect ye give to the church in the same amount ye overcharge yer products. " the spooky dwarf says.

Binder Fred

"In deed," deadpans the young mage. "Master Stonehand will pay no more than 2 crowns for an ordinary bell." And he very deliberately steps away from the direct line between the two negotiators...

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim takes a quick glare at the elf. "The elf will pay the 5 pieces." he says, and gives his back to the shopkeeper, walking back, and slapping the elf in the back, pushing him forward.

Binder Fred

Antares looks behind him without turning around, smiling down on the cleric of Takam from his greater height. "That would be somewhat difficult, master Stonehand, as I presently hold but three crowns to my name, the whole of my fortune in my forlorn exile from things parental, in truth all that stands between this earthly body and wretched starvation." A pause. "*You*, on the other hand, oh savvy negotiator of legendary bargains..."

Last edited:

Myst stepped forward, offering a friendly smile to the shopkeeper. "Certainly three crowns is more than sufficient for the bell, is it not?" he asked, his fingers lightly brushing across his holy symbol.

Binder Fred

Both the elven mage and Muzdin gift him with mildly reproachful looks. <correct me if I err, Voda :)>

"Some people have no appreciation for the beautiful art of rhetoric," sadly confides Antares to his dwarven opposite.

<Response Muzdin?>

While brother Myst takes over negotiations for the bell, the elf broadens his magical search to the inside of the shop. After all, where there is one, there might be another... Or is that: the One does not necessarily chase out the Other?

OOC: Detect Magic inside the shop, please.

I've lost track of where I am re timing: minute 7?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases