Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

gambler1650

Explorer
Jorgen shakes his head slightly, seeming bemused by the whole series of events. "Four patrons buying a bell..." When Antares speaks, he replies, "I think I bought it from a shipment a year or so ago. Good enough bell. Still not sure why you want it. I don't have any more of them, in fact I'll need to find another one for myself." He grabs a stool, and the tools to remove it, and hands it to Antares. "Here, have the dwarf take it down. I'm sure he has a knack with tools more than you. I have things to finish unpacking. Bring the tools back when you're done."

OOC: Go ahead and play out the rest of the scene as desired. I'll work out further details of what Bosco stole, as far as money for XP purposes. Also if you want to start discussing next moves, feel free.

Last edited:

The reproachful look from the elf garners only a shrug and a smile in response from the priest.

"What exactly is it about this bell that you are seeing?" Myst asks Antares. "Care to fill us in? Or would you rather do that in private?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
When Antares speaks, Jorgen replies, "I think I bought it from a shipment a year or so ago. Good enough bell. Still not sure why you want it. I don't have any more of them, in fact I'll need to find another one for myself."
"A shipment?" Antares' smile holds steady: exotic goods from faraway places have always fascinated him (strange coins clinking, cracked and yellowed maps). "From whence this caravan? Was this perhaps a particular seller?"

<Response Jorgen?>

He grabs a stool, and the tools to remove it, and hands it to Antares. "Here, have the dwarf take it down. I'm sure he has a knack with tools more than you. I have things to finish unpacking. Bring the tools back when you're done."

"My thank yous. I am certain this transaction will bring you... excellent luck," enigmatically states the young mage before bringing his haul to his companions, juggling them as best he can (and characteristically dropping a few repeatively along the way). "While you work, I would examine other stores, that this is not repeated throughout the town. Oh, and it - must - not - ring," he emphatically tells Muzdin, Stellan and Mysthyr before heading off.

OOC: Use the rest of the Detect Magic time to survey as many public places as possible. Whizbang, Bosco can join up with him if he wishes (?).
"Wait! What exactly is it about this bell that you are seeing?" Myst asks Antares. "Care to fill us in? Or would you rather do that in private?"
The elf mage pauses, looking non-plussed: "Did I not already?"

The elf mage pauses, looking non-plussed: "Did I not already?"

"Perhaps, but maybe layman's terms would be better? Your arcane explanations mean little to me. Do you truly believe this bell to be possessed by some demon? And if so, to what end?" Myst stares quizzically at the elf before continuing. "Isn't it possible that the bell is just imbued with some sort of magic and has nothing to do with demons at all? If I have missed something and there is more clear evidence of a demon influencing this bell, please clear things up for me. But in terms that I can understand as one not skilled in the arcane arts."

gambler1650

Explorer
To Antares: You see nothing else particularly magical in the shop (or at all). It's known that Jorgen does carry small charms, but given their value compared to the rest of the shop's contents, he always goes into the back room to get them.

Jorgen responds to Antares as he continues to ask questions, "The gods and goddesses man... You never stop asking questions, do you? My memory for who specifically gave me the bell from an otherwise normal caravan that long ago is pretty fuzzy." He looks out the window, as people start to meander by, and one or two townspeople come inside. "Ok. Shoo, unless you want to buy something else... And... wait..." He pauses, reaches into a pocket and pulls out the extra of what you gave him yesterday (OOCly will calculate it and tell you how much it is). "I'm sorry about yesterday. You left extra, I gave you no useful advice, and then I kept the money. Would have given it back, but wasn't thinking straight."

OOC: For Bosco: You estimate by the way, that the brooch might be worth 10 GP due to the gem and craftsmanship. The letters are somewhat roughly cut and detract from the overall piece however, so that might lower the price by 2 GP to 8 GP total.

OOC: Ok, I will suggest that unless you expect the first stages of looking for Anna to be dangerous, that the party could split up again and I can keep track of both. In which case, plans for the remainder of the day should be come up with and agreed upon. To reiterate, as I know this format lends itself to forgetting threads:

1. Antares wants to check out the other stores to see if similar events have occurred (I believe you've used both Detect Magics for the day? I would go back to check, but the site is extremely slow for me).

2. The clerics want to follow the lead on the girl.

3. Bosco wants to follow whatever brings him money or women, or both. ;)

Binder Fred

Toric_Arthendain said:
"Perhaps, but maybe layman's terms would be better? Your arcane explanations mean little to me. Do you truly believe this bell to be possessed by some demon? And if so, to what end?" Myst stares quizzically at the elf before continuing. "Isn't it possible that the bell is just imbued with some sort of magic and has nothing to do with demons at all? If I have missed something and there is more clear evidence of a demon influencing this bell, please clear things up for me. But in terms that I can understand as one not skilled in the arcane arts."
"Ah." Antares scooches-in to let an early customer squeeze past them and then remains close, for privacy's sake. "That is what was meant by 'but perhaps cursed item planted by one', brother Myst," he whisperingly explains. "The source of ill-thoughts *does* rest within the bell, but it seems unlikely to be conscious. In truth I had not even considered the possibility -- though it *is* said some of the southern arts allow- nay, demand-" A waving-away hand gesture. "As to that and to the rest... would you care to discuss it as we walk from pottery to tea salon and then to leather goods and beyond?" This being the three nearest shops, intersped as they are with plain houses and connecting alleys.

<Response Mysthyr?>

«If he hesitates:
"I am sure we can trust our two companions to sail through the physical tasks involved with removing the bell with their usual brilliance and poise."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Gambler1650 said:
"Ok. Shoo, unless you want to buy something else... And... wait..." He pauses, reaches into a pocket and pulls out the extra of what you gave him yesterday, "I'm sorry about yesterday. You left extra, I gave you no useful advice, and then I kept the money. Would have given it back, but wasn't thinking straight."

His opposite tilts his head to the side, considering. "You were most kind," he softly contradicts, a hand not quite making it to the other's arm. "Under the circumstances... you were most kind indeed. Though I will take the coins, but only if you insist." His smile is small, but it is there.

<Response Jorgen?>

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim removes the bell with methodical expertise. It is apparent that he could dismantle the whole shop if you gave him enough time. And build it elsewhere. "Yer bell" he says, handing the thing to Antares. "Don't we have a gal to find too?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases